Dove Soap -update??

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
How is everyone doing with their Dove soap?

I'm using the regular original scented version, have been doing for the past 6 weeks and so far it's been really good! So I just wondered how those who were using Dove were getting on??

good! i'm back to using it since the warm weather's gone and it's a bit chilly.

glad it's working for you!

Iv been using dove extra sensitive bar for about a month and half, its great! i havent had many breakouts either!

I've been using the unscented bar for the past two or three months, and my skin is doing great. I use it with an exfoliating wash cloth (it's not rough, but enough to get a good srubby action), and my face really just glows after that. Love Dove!

Originally Posted by xXxBeckyxXx /img/forum/go_quote.gif Iv been using dove extra sensitive bar for about a month and half, its great! i havent had many breakouts either! yay!

Originally Posted by mehrunissa /img/forum/go_quote.gif I've been using the unscented bar for the past two or three months, and my skin is doing great. I use it with an exfoliating wash cloth (it's not rough, but enough to get a good srubby action), and my face really just glows after that. Love Dove! yay for you, too! LOL

Hi,

Wow. The Dove Beauty Bar is still going strong after all these years. I'm impressed.

Oh that's fantastic you guys! I'm so glad it's working for you all!

Mehrunissa - that's a brilliant idea to use an exfoliating wash cloth I really must try that! Also I do wish we had the unscented version - we only have Original, Extra Sensitive, fresh touch and exfoliating bars.

I didnt like the exfoliating version because I didnt feel it exfoliated much but I love the original and senstive bars!

SumptingSweet - yeah it's lovely to use as it's so gentle!

I got a sample of Dermalogica's Special Cleansing Gel and I have to say that I prefer the Dove. the Dermalogica didnt clean as well and my skin felt dry and stripped after using it.

Originally Posted by Nessicle /img/forum/go_quote.gif Oh that's fantastic you guys! I'm so glad it's working for you all!
Mehrunissa - that's a brilliant idea to use an exfoliating wash cloth I really must try that! Also I do wish we had the unscented version - we only have Original, Extra Sensitive, fresh touch and exfoliating bars.

I didnt like the exfoliating version because I didnt feel it exfoliated much but I love the original and senstive bars!

SumptingSweet - yeah it's lovely to use as it's so gentle!

I got a sample of Dermalogica's Special Cleansing Gel and I have to say that I prefer the Dove. the Dermalogica didnt clean as well and my skin felt dry and stripped after using it.

Hi Nessicle,
Actually the best way to use Dermalogica's Special Cleansing Gel is a double wash. Their feeling is: the first wash gets rid of the dirt and grime; the second does the actual cleaning.

I use Dermalogica products in the warmer months. As my skin is combo, I use the Special Cleansing Gel and on alternate days the Dermal Clay Cleanser. They do have a product called Ultra Calming Cleanser which is very similar to Cetaphil.

Hmm... I used Dove soap on my face for a while-- the unscented for sensitive skin version. I used it for a month or two, but I thought it made my skin kind of dull looking, so I wasn't too impressed. I continued to use it on my body, though... and it's great for that! Helped keep away the breakouts on my back, chest & shoulders, and kept my skin from getting dry and itchy
smile.gif
I'm currently looking for another soap for my body, though, since Dove tests on animals [and one of the main ingredients in the soap is beef tallow [aka beef fat]... Ohhh yummy! Haha.

Originally Posted by Leza1121 /img/forum/go_quote.gif Hi Nessicle,
Actually the best way to use Dermalogica's Special Cleansing Gel is a double wash. Their feeling is: the first wash gets rid of the dirt and grime; the second does the actual cleaning.

I use Dermalogica products in the warmer months. As my skin is combo, I use the Special Cleansing Gel and on alternate days the Dermal Clay Cleanser. They do have a product called Ultra Calming Cleanser which is very similar to Cetaphil.

Thanks Leza, yeah I do wash twice with it but I've broken out in spots and my skin's become dry - it's usually quite oily so I'm glad in a way but my skin feels tight and strange, even after a rich moisturiser.
Rejectstar - yeah that's the one thing about Proctor and Gamble is that they test on animals. Nearly all soaps except organic are made from sodium tallowate - I think it's good that they're using the whole of the animal to be honest and there are worse things for us in normal facial cleansers such as Sodium Laureth Sulphate, parabens, not to mention the amount of fragrance companies put in things nowadays (eg Clarins). But this is just my opinion of course

I use Dove unscented for everything - it works great and I can't imagine switching. Why mess with what works. Plus affordable!

I use baking soda once a week to exfoliate.

Hi Krazyphish! Welcome to MuT !

Yeah there are lots of threads on Dove - if you do a search it will bring up all the threads relating to Dove beauty bars with lots of info on them for you hun! If you have any questions fire away - the girls are so helpful!

I've neglected my Dove bar and started using the old Clinique soap that ive left untouched. I wanna go back to Dove, but I'm tempted to try the liquid version of the Clinique soap/cleanser.

I must have missed the Dove train. Once I get moved, I'll have much more bathroom space to buy new goodies! I'll definitely have to check this out!

Thanks Nessicle for the compliment. My skin can get pretty bad sometimes - but dove works for me when it does!

Latest posts

Back