Thais' EUREKA Tutorial! Mineral makeup!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hello girls!!! This is my "Eureka" tutorial!!! For the ones of you who are not familiar with my Eureka moments; this represents application of mineral makeup WET rather than the dry powder. So, here we go!

1) Start with a clean face.... Look how uneven my skin is!!! You will witness a miracle here today! LOL

Attachment 25141

2) Apply a primer! No mineral makeup application should be done without a primer, in my opinion. I am using Smashbox Photofinish with Dermaxyl complex.

Attachment 25142

3) Apply concealer. Now, if you do a regular (dry) mineral makeup application, you don't necessarily need concealer. You can apply the foundation powder on the areas that you want to conceal with a concealer brush, before and/or after applying foundation. HOWEVER, this technique doesnt work well with the wet minerals because the wet and dry minerals have slighlty different colors. So I suggest applying your concealer before applying the foundation. I am using MAC select cover up in NC35.

Attachment 25143Attachment 25144

4) Now we are going to spritz our brush. You can use MAC Fix+, Avene thermal water, Evian water, any sort of water that comes in a spritz container!!!! LOL. The results will be very similar. If you dont have such products, you can try a bit of tap water applied to your brush too (although I never tried this).

Attachment 25145

5) I spritz the Kabuki 3 or 4 times. You dont want to soak it, just moist it.

Attachment 25146

6) This is the amount of foundation that I use to cover half my face and my entire forehead:

Attachment 25147

7) Swirl your moist kabuki on your lid. No need to tap (brush is wet).

Attachment 25148

8) This is how it looks like on the brush... slightly wet but not soaking wet.

Attachment 25149

9) Since my kabuki is so big, I like to sweep it across the right side of my face once, then across my forehead once, then on my nose and cheeks last ( I do this because I avoid putting a lot of product on my nose and cheeks, otherwise it would make my pores look huge). Then, I buff the foundation evenly on my forehead and right side of my face. Buff it until it is natural looking and even. It doesnt take long at all, just a few seconds.

Attachment 25150Attachment 25151Attachment 25152

10) This is the amount of product that I use on the left side of my face (slightly less because I already applied foundation to my forehead).

Attachment 25153

11) Repeat the application on the left side of your face.

Attachment 25154

12) This is my skin after foundation application... Better, huh??
smile.gif

Attachment 25155

13) Now get your mineral veil, finishing dust, finishing poweder, or whatever you call it.
smile.gif

Attachment 25156

14) The amount of veil/ finishing dust is completely up to you. I dont like to use a loooot so that my face doesnt look powdery. This is enough for my whole face:

Attachment 25157

15) Use any powder brush.

Attachment 25158

16) Swirl the brush on the lid (with the veil)

Attachment 25159

17) Tap off the excess.

Attachment 25160

18) Then buff it on your skin. No need to buff a lot, just apply it until it is even.

Attachment 25161

19) This is my face after foundation and veil.

Attachment 25162

20) Now we are going to move on to Eureka#3, which is the wet blush application! Fun fun! This is the amount of blush I use for one cheek. (I am using Bare Escentuals' Hint blush).

Attachment 25163

21) Spritz Fix+ or Avene water or whatever you want (LOL) on your blush brush 2 or 3 times.

Attachment 25164

22) Swirl the blush on the lid. No need to tap.

Attachment 25165

23) This is how the blush looks on the brush.

Attachment 25166

24) Apply it on your cheek. Since it is wet, it is going to be like a cheek stain. Therefore, I like to do one sweep from the apple upwards towards the hairline, then you can go back with the brush and blend it a bit.

Attachment 25167

25) This is how the blush looks on the face... The wet application makes it looks so shimery!!! I love it!

Attachment 25168

26) Look at the difference between my left and righ cheeks!

Attachment 25169

27) Put the same amount of blush on the lid, spritz the brush one more time, and repeat the application on your other cheek.

Attachment 25170

28) Final look after blush application:

Attachment 25171

29) Now we are going to move on to a mineral lip look. I am using Bare Escentual's glee all over face color. You can use any mineral blush or eyeshadow you want!

Attachment 25172

30) dab your finger into the product

Attachment 25173

31) Tap the product on your lips.

Attachment 25174

32)This is how it looks on the lips, it has almost no color, you must be thinking I am crazy, right???
smile.gif

Attachment 25175

33) Get a clear lipgloss. I am using MAC's Elaborate.

Attachment 25176

34) Apply the clear lipgloss on your lips, on top of the mineral blush.

Attachment 25177

35) ta-daaaaa!!!! Do you still think I am crazy??? hahhaa. Instant color!!!!

Attachment 25178

So there you go!!!! Now you can go and apply some neutral eyeshadows and a coat or 2 of mascara, and you are ready to go out and fool everyone!! (They will be thinking that you were born a natural beauty!! But you and I know the secret, right???)

36) For this neutral look I did a very quick application of Bare Escentual's Precious on the inner 2/3 of the lid, Tan Lines in the outer 1/3 and crease, and White gold on the Browbone. I also used Covergirl's Lash Exact Mascara.

Here's the final me... Compare the before and after!!! UGH!
smile.gif

Attachment 25179Attachment 25180

I hope you liked the tutorial!
biggrin.gif
Now scream: EUREKA!!!!!
biggrin.gif

LOL I don't think you are crazy at all.

Thank you for shearing this Thais. This is VERY GOOD.

You look wonderful
applaus.gif

You're a godsend.
biggrin.gif
I thought it's scary to wet the mineral blushes (ew?), but I gotta try it once I saw the effect on you! Thanks.
smile.gif

you are so cute! that was sooooooooooooo awesome! thanks so much for doing it
smile.gif

First of all you were born a natural beauty. I don't see what you call uneven skintone LOL. Your complexion is naturally beautiful.

I do agree on the miracle thing though, damnit I want to try mineral foundation really bad now. It really doesn't make you look like you're wearing any foundation.

And hey this is the most entertaining tutorial ever. eureka!
rockwoot.gif

Thx a lot! This is an awesome tutorial, you didn't leave out any steps, assuming we'd know what you meant, very cool
smile.gif
And the result is gorgeous, you're a walking advertisement for mineral mu, great job!

Originally Posted by Andi /img/forum/go_quote.gif First of all you were born a natural beauty. I don't see what you call uneven skintone LOL. Your complexion is naturally beautiful.
I do agree on the miracle thing though, damnit I want to try mineral foundation really bad now. It really doesn't make you look like you're wearing any foundation.

And hey this is the most entertaining tutorial ever. eureka!
rockwoot.gif

Thanks Andi!
smile.gif
For how much longer will you stay in the US? You can order some EDM samples while you are here!!! Or you can try BE's stuff when you go to Sephora; ask the MA to apply it on you! DO you have any BE boutiques close by?

Originally Posted by Eva121 /img/forum/go_quote.gif Thx a lot! This is an awesome tutorial, you didn't leave out any steps, assuming we'd know what you meant, very cool
smile.gif
And the result is gorgeous, you're a walking advertisement for mineral mu, great job! LOL I should ask EDM and BE for $$$ comission. :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

yay! it was really fun reading your tutorial. you are so pretty thais
smile.gif
even without the foundation.

thanks so much thais!!!

i apply some of my minerlas wet, but not the same way or in the same order as you do ... now i have all of your tips to try!

Awesome, entertaining tut! I use filtered water in a spray bottle to apply my minerals, lol. I can't afford Fix+ yet! I'm thinking about using rose water, since I've heard it has some skin benefits. I'll let you know how it works if I do!
smile.gif
Thanks for the tut.

Originally Posted by mehrunissa /img/forum/go_quote.gif Awesome, entertaining tut! I use filtered water in a spray bottle to apply my minerals, lol. I can't afford Fix+ yet! I'm thinking about using rose water, since I've heard it has some skin benefits. I'll let you know how it works if I do!
smile.gif
Thanks for the tut. I dont think it matters what you use, just get that brush moist and it will work.
smile.gif

Latest posts

Back