*Sniffle*

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I miss my sewing machines! Since we're moving I can't sew, I have to pack and I really miss sewing! I usually sew every day, I spend at least 6 hours sewing and working in my room and I haven't been able to for about two weeks now. I'm having sewing withdrawls!

Sorry, I just needed to rant, I miss my sewing machines, I wonder if they miss me.
bawling.gif

Update!!!

Originally Posted by Guenevere /img/forum/go_quote.gif Well, I finally got my rooms unpacked enough to start getting back to work and I'm so happy! It's hard to get back in the groove of things now but I don't have time to waste, I gotta get out from behind old overdue projects!! I'm still unpacking my cutting room some but at least it's cuttable in there!!! Thanks to everyone for the kind and supportive words, I love you all!!!!
I'll try and get some pics when I get all of my cutting room put together!!!!

LOL wow I never heard of anybody who loved to sew so much to have sewing withdrawls! sorry, I guess it's not funny. Can you knit,? is there anything similar that you could do to help the withddrawls?

LOL! It probably does sound weird but it's my biz and it's what I LUV!!!! It's not that I can't physically sew right now, I could probably find something still in my sewing room if I was desperate lol, but I'm supposed to be packing
frown.gif
and all my work is packed already anyways.

I totally understand Guen! I went to the same withdrawals when I had to study and couldn't sew for a month. Hang in there! (((hugs)))

Originally Posted by Teresamachado /img/forum/go_quote.gif Hang in there hon.
frown.gif
Originally Posted by Maja /img/forum/go_quote.gif I totally understand Guen! I went to the same withdrawals when I had to study and couldn't sew for a month. Hang in there! (((hugs))) Thanks! I just keep wanting to go in and sit down at my machines and I can't.
scared.gif

Could you do hand-sewing? I live in a studio apartment and space is so limited that I can't keep my sewing machine out all the time, so I spend time hand-sewing when I don't want to get out the machine. Do you know how to tailor? If so, then why not make a suit or a coat for the fall? If not, then this would be a great time to learn (when you're not pressured). I used to make a lot of separates when my machine was always at the ready, but now, I tend to make a coat every other year (which requires less machine time). You could try either type of tailoring: bench (no machine stitches, everything done by hand), or bespoke (seams are machined, specialty stitches are by hand). You don't even have to do a full project, you could just work on stitches that you'd like to learn or improve (I'm horrible at hand-worked buttonholes, and need hours more of practice to get better at them).

Originally Posted by Guenevere /img/forum/go_quote.gif Thanks! I just keep wanting to go in and sit down at my machines and I can't.
scared.gif
Awww you poor thing. I understand this is something you love doing. I bet is hard.
hug.gif

Originally Posted by SamanthaBNYC /img/forum/go_quote.gif Could you do hand-sewing? I live in a studio apartment and space is so limited that I can't keep my sewing machine out all the time, so I spend time hand-sewing when I don't want to get out the machine. Do you know how to tailor? If so, then why not make a suit or a coat for the fall? If not, then this would be a great time to learn (when you're not pressured). I used to make a lot of separates when my machine was always at the ready, but now, I tend to make a coat every other year (which requires less machine time). You could try either type of tailoring: bench (no machine stitches, everything done by hand), or bespoke (seams are machined, specialty stitches are by hand). You don't even have to do a full project, you could just work on stitches that you'd like to learn or improve (I'm horrible at hand-worked buttonholes, and need hours more of practice to get better at them). Awesome advice!

I just thought of something else. I'm in a Sewing Meet-Up, and it's great for me because I have very limited space for cutting patterns and the place we meet has huge cutting tables (and sewing machines, sergers, pressing equipment, etc.), so I get to use them. If you have a Sewing Meet-Up nearby you, then you might want to join so that you don't have to give up sewing while in the process of moving. You could look at meetup.com to see if they have any Sewing clubs near you. I know what you're talking about, I love to sew and knit and go bonkers if I don't do it for awhile. I sew at home and knit on the subways (to and from work, or anywhere else). Hooray for Sewing!
sheep.gif

Originally Posted by SamanthaBNYC /img/forum/go_quote.gif Could you do hand-sewing? I live in a studio apartment and space is so limited that I can't keep my sewing machine out all the time, so I spend time hand-sewing when I don't want to get out the machine. Do you know how to tailor? If so, then why not make a suit or a coat for the fall? If not, then this would be a great time to learn (when you're not pressured). I used to make a lot of separates when my machine was always at the ready, but now, I tend to make a coat every other year (which requires less machine time). You could try either type of tailoring: bench (no machine stitches, everything done by hand), or bespoke (seams are machined, specialty stitches are by hand). You don't even have to do a full project, you could just work on stitches that you'd like to learn or improve (I'm horrible at hand-worked buttonholes, and need hours more of practice to get better at them). I could but I don't have the time, I have to be cleaning and packing instead.
frown.gif
Oh, well, the faster I get the apt cleared and moved, the faster I can get back to my machines right?!

Originally Posted by Teresamachado /img/forum/go_quote.gif Awww you poor thing. I understand this is something you love doing. I bet is hard.
hug.gif
Thanks T! You're too sweet!

Originally Posted by Little_Lisa /img/forum/go_quote.gif Sorry, sweetie! I was looking at your links again and your stuff is awesome! Thanks Lisa!

Originally Posted by SamanthaBNYC /img/forum/go_quote.gif I just thought of something else. I'm in a Sewing Meet-Up, and it's great for me because I have very limited space for cutting patterns and the place we meet has huge cutting tables (and sewing machines, sergers, pressing equipment, etc.), so I get to use them. If you have a Sewing Meet-Up nearby you, then you might want to join so that you don't have to give up sewing while in the process of moving. You could look at meetup.com to see if they have any Sewing clubs near you. I know what you're talking about, I love to sew and knit and go bonkers if I don't do it for awhile. I sew at home and knit on the subways (to and from work, or anywhere else). Hooray for Sewing!
sheep.gif
I wish I could, I would love to take some classes too, if only to socialize. I work at night though and sleep during the day. Unfortunately Vegas is only a 24 hour place to live if you gamble, drink, or go clubbing, everything else is just like anywhere else.

ooh hun.. did you get it yet? I understand.. candle making is not only my business, but therapy..LOL.. if I didnt have it to escape too, I would be sad too!
frown.gif

((( Big Hugs )))

Jamie

Originally Posted by Aroma Angel /img/forum/go_quote.gif ooh hun.. did you get it yet? I understand.. candle making is not only my business, but therapy..LOL.. if I didnt have it to escape too, I would be sad too!
frown.gif

((( Big Hugs )))

Jamie

Thanks Jamie, we're still movin' and movin'. Just gotta get everything moved before I can start unpacking and organizing my room, then I'll finally get to sew again!

Originally Posted by Guenevere /img/forum/go_quote.gif Thanks Jamie, we're still movin' and movin'. Just gotta get everything moved before I can start unpacking and organizing my room, then I'll finally get to sew again! oooh I know you will feel much better then.. cause then it will all be organized and cleaned.. at least for a bit huh? LOL
vogel.gif
or wait .. is that just me? Love your stuff! One day Iw ill be confident enough to wear it!!

Have a great day in Vegas!

Well, I finally got my rooms unpacked enough to start getting back to work and I'm so happy! It's hard to get back in the groove of things now but I don't have time to waste, I gotta get out from behind old overdue projects!! I'm still unpacking my cutting room some but at least it's cuttable in there!!! Thanks to everyone for the kind and supportive words, I love you all!!!!

I'll try and get some pics when I get all of my cutting room put together!!!!

Woohoo! I'm so happy for you! Can't wait for the pics! Happy sewing!

Everything will be o K , just think when you take it out of the box, it will be just like having a new one!
vogel.gif

Back