Calculate your life expectancy!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
thought this was interesting...according to this i'm making it to 74 LOL!!!! (God willing, and hopefully beyond!)

while there is no sure way to calculate your life expectancy, there are certain guidelines that can give you rough estimates. if you are between 25 and 65 years of age and reasonably healthy, this test provides a statistical view of your life expectancy.

start with 72.

* if you are male, subtract 3

* if you are female, add 4

* if you live in an urban area with the population over 2 million, subtract 2

* if a grandparent lived to age 85 or over, add 6

* f all four grandparents lived to age 80 or over, add 6

* if either parent died of a stroke or heart attack before 50, subtract 4

* if a family member under 50 has (or had) cancer, a heart attack or diabetes, subtract

* as an individual, do you earn over $60,000 a year? subtract 2

* if you finished college, add 1

* if you have a graduate or professional degree, add 2 more

* if you are 65 or over and still working, add 3

* if you live with a spouse or friend, add 5

* if you live alone, subtract 1 for every 10 years alone since 25.

* if you work behind a desk, subtract 3

* if your work rquires heavy physical labor, add 3

* if you excercise strenuously three to five times a week, add 3

* do you sleep more than 10 hours each night? subtract 4

* are you intense? aggressive? easily angered? subtract 3

* are you easy-going and relaxed? add 3

* are you happy? add 1. unhappy? subtract 2

* have you had a speeding ticket in the last year? subtract 1

* do you smoke more than two packs a day? subtract 8,. one or two packs? subtract 6

one- half to one pack? subtract 3

* do you drink the equivalent of two drinks of hard liquor a day? subtract 1

* are you over weight? by 50 lbs. subtract 8, by 30-50 lbs subtract 4, by 10-30 lbs.

subtract 2

* are you a man over 40 and have annual checkups? add 2

* if you are a woman and see a gynecologist once a year, add 2

* if you are between 30 and 40 add 2

* if you are between 40 and 50 add 3

* if you are between 50 and 70 add 4

* if you are over 70 add 5.

now total it all up and you'll have a rough estimate of how long you can expect to live.

i think alot of these questions do have alot to do with how long we live, what is your opinion guys?

I am living to be 100 according to this. Wow that is awesome. The test did make alot of sense, such as if you make more than 60,000, you probably have a high stress job, which could cause alot of physical problems. It makes sense etc..

82 for me .... the quiz makes sense to me, I've already other articles equating most of those things to an increased or decreased lifespan so this quiz just combined all the research...

I got 92!
smile.gif
My great grandma lived to be 93 too...

According to this, I'll make it to 77... Only 50 more years left basically! LOL!

Originally Posted by canelita /img/forum/go_quote.gif 95 years to me and honestly I think that is a punishment. i can see why you might think thats a punishment, but think about it, nowadays there are 70 and 80 year olds who are in better shape, healthier and live healthier than younger people and who really dont look 80 something anymore! look at aaron spelling, he was 80 something and he had the mind of a much younger person he definatley wasnt senile (spelled wrong) or even hugh hefner who is also in his 80's and he's as strong as a 40 or 50 year old, definatley not walking around with a cain, so yeah i rather live a long full life and be healthy and die evenyually in my 80's or 90's than die say in my 50's? 60's? i'm sure a lot of our parents are around that age, and dont you think thats too young to die? what is a good age to die?

hahahah mine says 71, that sounds okay to me. ill be pretty messed up by that time!

Back