Other mineral makeup brands

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I've heard almost every mineral makeup user mention Everyday Minerals, Aromaleigh, Alima, Larenim, Lauress, and Monave, but there are a few mineral cosmetic brands I've been curious about but I haven't heard anyone mention. These include: Sevi, Abbey St. Clare, Emani, After Glow, and Mineral Essence. Has anyone heard of or tried any of those and could you give me your review on any/each one?

Also, other than the ones I've already listed, if you know of any other mineral makeup lines would you mind giving me your opinions on them? BUT I only want to hear about it if it's vegan, nonsynethic, and is made up of pure minerals (ie has no fillers), and although bismuth IS a mineral I prefer NOT to use products with bismuth as one of its ingredients.

Try a forum "search" and enter mineral makeup, there are quite a few threads on this. Hope this helps.

Yeah I've done that already but I haven't found anyone that's tried these brands: Sevi, Abbey St. Clare, Emani, After Glow, and Mineral Essence. If anyone's heard of or tried these let me know what you think.

I haven't heard of most of the lesser-known ones you listed, but I've heard of Afterglow, and looked through their website a couple times. They were one of the first mineral makeup brands I ran across, a few months before I actually decided to take the plunge and try it out. I haven't tried any of their products, though... the prices are in the higher part of the spectrum of mineral makeup companies I've been looking at.

Have you heard of or checked out J. Lynne before? I ordered some samples from them which should be arriving soon. Here's their website, and they also have an online forum, which is useful if you want to hear opinions of ladies that use it already
smile.gif

Everything looks really nice, and their foundation/powder primer/eyeshadow/eyeliner/blush/glow powders are all 100% mineral. Their finishing powder has kaolin clay, which helps mattify [some other brands use cornstarch, which isn't so great]. They also have really pretty lippies, but they have beeswax and lanolin, so they aren't vegan.

Hope that helps
7dh.gif

ive used some things from sweetscents and one thing from paintedlaydies and liked them both. i haven't heard anything about the companies you mentiones but there seem to be more and more every day.

Thanks rejectstar I actually have heard of J. Lynne and plan on ordering some samples soon. I actually don't mind that the lippies are not vegan, as long as the ingredients in their foundations, liners, powders, etc are.

Originally Posted by janetsbreeze /img/forum/go_quote.gif ive used some things from sweetscents and one thing from paintedlaydies and liked them both. i haven't heard anything about the companies you mentiones but there seem to be more and more every day. Do these companies have a website where I could view/purchase their products or samples?

Hi.

I've tried many of the minerals you have tried with no success. I found one I really like...it's called Tierny Tassler mineral makeup. I just tried the sample of concealer and foundation and I love it. It has a creamier feel to it and is fabulous for my sensitive, acne prone skin. So far, so good. The minerals are a foundation/finishing powder in one. No need for additional "finishing powder". I like that...less steps.

Keep trying...I got frustrated too but found one I like. Hopefully you will as well.

Originally Posted by maryfitz24 /img/forum/go_quote.gif Hi.
I've tried many of the minerals you have tried with no success. I found one I really like...it's called Tierny Tassler mineral makeup. I just tried the sample of concealer and foundation and I love it. It has a creamier feel to it and is fabulous for my sensitive, acne prone skin. So far, so good. The minerals are a foundation/finishing powder in one. No need for additional "finishing powder". I like that...less steps.

Keep trying...I got frustrated too but found one I like. Hopefully you will as well.

Do you know where I could find Tierny Tassler products? I tried to google it but nothing came up

Originally Posted by 4luvofminerals /img/forum/go_quote.gif Do you know where I could find Tierny Tassler products? I tried to google it but nothing came up I just sent you her email address. She doesn't have a website set up yet.
Good luck finding the right one. I think it is worth it for your skin. I got so frustrated by makeup (including minerals). I think because it is so hard to find the right color (especially online).

Regards,

MaryEllen

Did anyone see an infomercial about mineral make up, not bare escentuals, I can't remember the name, but it was a compact with 4 colors and you swirl your brush over all 4...but they can also all be used seperately? Can anyone tell me the name of the company? and if anyone has tried it...is it any good?

Originally Posted by rubies /img/forum/go_quote.gif Did anyone see an infomercial about mineral make up, not bare escentuals, I can't remember the name, but it was a compact with 4 colors and you swirl your brush over all 4...but they can also all be used seperately? Can anyone tell me the name of the company? and if anyone has tried it...is it any good? Was it Sheer Cover?

Do you know pure luxe cosmetics? Think it's vegan as well..they have a wide variety of foundation, eyeshadow and blushers as well. Maybe it's worth a peek

I used to use Mineral Basics and it was okay, but I think BE is far and away better. However, they do NOT use the bismuth oxychloride in any of their products, so if you're sensitive to that then this might be a good line for you. HTH.

Originally Posted by rubies /img/forum/go_quote.gif Did anyone see an infomercial about mineral make up, not bare escentuals, I can't remember the name, but it was a compact with 4 colors and you swirl your brush over all 4...but they can also all be used seperately? Can anyone tell me the name of the company? and if anyone has tried it...is it any good? I've never seen it, but I hardly ever watch TV. Let us know if you remember the name, I am curious.
smile.gif

Originally Posted by 4luvofminerals /img/forum/go_quote.gif Was it Sheer Cover? Nope, sheer cover is pretty much like all other MMU brands; it comes with 2 shades of foundation (in separate containers) and a finishing powder...

Signature Mineral Makeup (signatureminerals.com)

- opinion? My fav after using MMU's for 2.5 years!

NO bismuth, no itchy stuff.

Originally Posted by maryfitz24 /img/forum/go_quote.gif Hi.

I am also interested in the Tierny Tassler products. Could you send me the link?
Thanks.

Latest posts

Back