How much to tip for manicure?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
If I spend $10 on a manicure how much should I tip? I never know what to tip, so sometimes I'll tip a ton of money and sometimes only a dollar or so. Nail techs get paid well, right? It's not like working in a restaurant where they pay less with the expectation that you make a lot of money in tips.

I tip according to how cute she is.

I kid.....or do I? I always tip atleast 15% but sometimes more if we really hit it off. If I like the person and we are gabbing it up the whole time and what not, i'll give them a really good tip, ofcourse how good of a job they do is considered, too.

$2 or so for a regular manicure. if it's a manicure and my acrylics, $5 or so.

I don't know how much they make, actually. Though ever since I became a waitress I refuse to tip less than five dollars. I mean. If everyone tipped me five dollars the nights I waited tables I'd definitely be coming home with more than 11 dollars in my pocket like I am now.

I agree with Marisol. I generally tip $3 on a fill-in with acrylic nails, and that's about a $15 service. I give them a bigger tip when I have a pedi or full set.

i tip about $4 for a fill in, $ 2-3 pedicure and about 6 for a full set. a manicure..i think 2 is enough more for a fantastic job

Originally Posted by Aquilah /img/forum/go_quote.gif I agree with Marisol. I generally tip $3 on a fill-in with acrylic nails, and that's about a $15 service. I give them a bigger tip when I have a pedi or full set. wow thats cheap? how much do you pay for a new set of nails there?

I've always heard you should tip everyone (not just food service people) a minimum of 15% -- anymore, 15% is almost on the cheap side, and it's recommended you tip 18-20%.

I never get manicures, but I'll tip $2 for a haircut that costs $10 or $12.

I've never done any manicures, yet. But, we never do tip here in Japan, not even for haircut. We just don't do it here.

Latest posts

Back