Anyone want to join me?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Check out my new signature. For the past few weeks, I have been hauling like crazy. It is getting out of control. With the holidays approaching, I have to control my spending habits. So, I am officially on a no-buy until the first of the year. Holy crap!

These threads are the reasons why I am making such a crazy commitment to controlling my spending.

9/24/06 - LUSH Haul

9/18/06 - Bobbi Brown haul

9/11/06 - MAC Haul

9/10/06 - Coach haul

9/4/06 - Benefit, Sugar, Too Faced & Sephora haul

9/7/06 - Juicy Couture & MAC haul

8/24/06 - MAC Untamed haul

8/21/06 - MAC, Benefit & Guess haul

8/06/06 - MAC Haul and CP from Leony

7/20/06 - MAC haul

7/8/06 - ULTA haul

Any other brave souls want to join me on this no-buy? If you do, please post your last few hauls that way I won't feel like a shop-a-holic!

Wish me luck!

WOW Marisol,...i wish you luck hon. No-one can say you don;t know how to shop!
smile.gif

i would love to! i can't add my hauls because i'm just bad to buy things here and there whether i'm at the drugstore or at nordstrom. i see something and say, " oh, it's just one thing!" and then find i've spent way over my budget!

and also to save for the holidays - but i don't know if i will be able to resist the MAC collection

I'm still on my no-buy period even though I broke mine last week at Sephora. LOL.

Yeah...even shopaholic needs a break! Good Luck, Mari!

I am in.. I have spent a lot of money on hauls lately. I've probably had 3 ulta hauls in the past month and a Dillards haul. I definitely don't need anything for a while and I will be much better off saving money!

Originally Posted by beautynista /img/forum/go_quote.gif Good luck Marisol! I'm on an MU no-buy as well, except for MAC's holiday collection too
biggrin.gif
lol!

Originally Posted by Marisol /img/forum/go_quote.gif Check out my new signature. For the past few weeks, I have been hauling like crazy. It is getting out of control. With the holidays approaching, I have to control my spending habits. So, I am officially on a no-buy until the first of the year. Holy crap!
These threads are the reasons why I am making such a crazy commitment to controlling my spending.

9/18/06 - Bobbi Brown haul

9/11/06 - MAC Haul

9/10/06 - Coach haul

9/4/06 - Benefit, Sugar, Too Faced & Sephora haul

9/7/06 - Juicy Couture & MAC haul

8/24/06 - MAC Untamed haul

8/21/06 - MAC, Benefit & Guess haul

8/06/06 - MAC Haul and CP from Leony

7/20/06 - MAC haul

7/8/06 - ULTA haul

Any other brave souls want to join me on this no-buy? If you do, please post your last few hauls that way I won't feel like a shop-a-holic!

Wish me luck!

i'm with you on this one, marisol and i'm adding shoes! i've got to stop the madness!

Marisol i wish you loadsssssssss of luck, I should go on one too but I just don't have the will power to see it through.

** except for MAC's Holiday Collection - that would be cruel and unusual punishment ** - made me laugh

Originally Posted by beautynista /img/forum/go_quote.gif Good luck Marisol! I'm on an MU no-buy as well, except for MAC's holiday collection too
biggrin.gif
Originally Posted by babydoll1209 /img/forum/go_quote.gif Count me in too. I've spent way too much these days and feel abit guilty now. Originally Posted by mabelwan /img/forum/go_quote.gif I'm still on my no-buy period even though I broke mine last week at Sephora. LOL. Yeah...even shopaholic needs a break! Good Luck, Mari!

Originally Posted by KimC2005 /img/forum/go_quote.gif I am in.. I have spent a lot of money on hauls lately. I've probably had 3 ulta hauls in the past month and a Dillards haul. I definitely don't need anything for a while and I will be much better off saving money! Originally Posted by monniej /img/forum/go_quote.gif i'm with you on this one, marisol and i'm adding shoes! i've got to stop the madness! YAY! We can do it! Wishing you all lots of luck.

Originally Posted by broken /img/forum/go_quote.gif Awwww girl I'm not gonna join you but I'm gonna cheer you on!!!! You can do it!

Come on girlie... peer pressure. Join the no-buy!
add_wegbrech.gif

Aww, good luck with that. I'd say I'll join you, but I haven't bought makeup in awhile and I'm in need of some >.<

YEAH...You can count me in! I have been going crazy with the buying since August. If I knew how to do it, I would link to some of my hauls...have to work on that skill next!

SO, no buying till the new year...I will have to keep a list...Christmas is coming. I think I can... I think I can...

Mind over matter...

I know that you can achieve your goal of No Buy... You seem to be a very strong woman
smile.gif
I have a great idea why don't you donate some of your lower end cosmetics to a women's shelter or made a monthly donation to one? I am considering doing that. Any one that wants to consider doing the same???

Also some of my cosmetics, I might give to co workers that could just a beauty boost. They seem to really appreciate some free goodies
smile.gif

Sorry Mari, but I can't join you. I've been on a no-buy for quite some time now though - unwillingly because I'm broke.

Good luck!

Back