Wonderful Discovery - A Toothbrush!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I'm probably not the first one to realize this, but I just wanted to post my amazing discovery. I tried using a dry toothbrush on my face to exfoliate - and it worked better than anything else I have tried - even better than my L'Oreal microdermabrasion. I just kept it on my face rubbing in small circles. I feel so soft and smooth now. Finish it off with a little moisturizer. I'm definitely including this in my beauty routine from now on.

I've heard of "dry-brushing" your skin before, but this sounds like a nice option! I never would have thought of using a toothbrush on my face. I've used one on my lips before, though [makes them verrry soft as well]. Glad you found something that works for you!

Thanks for sharing! I'll have to try it out sometime.. Did you just use water while rubbing in circles or did you do it dry? I would be afraid that if I did it dry it would irritate my skin.

I've done this on my lips and it works well. Perhaps a soft bristled tooth brush wouldn't irritate your skin as much. I've also heard of trying some kind of car cloth for dermabrasion on your face, but I don't remember what kind.

cool idea! i used to have an exfoliating brush but i lost it so this is a great alternative.

Kim2005c, definately use when the skins wet! it will irriate and hurt if you do it dry.

Oh I did it dry. It didn't irritate me at all. I could see the little flakes of dead skin slouging off. I mean, I don't really have sensitive skin at all, so I don't know how irritating it could be, but I just used a dry toothbrush on my skin when it was dry. Worked great.

That sounds like it would feel good. Thanks for posting.
smile.gif

Sounds interesting! I have never thought about "brushing" my face...If I try it, I'll use it wet on my face first...Thanks for posting!

I've used a toothbrush to exfoliate my lips but never thought of using on the face. Thanks for sharing your tip!

They actually sell a brush that is a bit bigger than a tooth brush for your face.

Well, this is pretty gross, but I actually used my current Crest Spinbrush. I'm not sure what they rate their bristles at (soft, etc.). Don't worry, I rinsed it well before I brushed my teeth with it - and besides - it's my face that was flaking off on it lol.

Back