Mineral makeup primer

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
can anyone suggest a good primer to use with edm , ive tried mac primer but it seems like the mmu dont blend to well, or should i not use any @ all?

The goal with minerals is to stop using chemicals and preservatives. Try a primer made by a mineral company. Play with the makeup and finishing dust until you get the desired lasting coverage--it takes time. You can also use the finishing dust as a primer. Be sure to moisturise throughly.

I use Pureluxe cream eraser and it is the best primer I've ever applied on my face. Really goes on so smooth and made my pores look microscopic. Pureluxe makes mineral cosmetics so they specifically made their erasers (both cream and powder) for mineral makeup.

thank you ladies

Originally Posted by Min /img/forum/go_quote.gif I use the lauress kick start primer. Good Stuff. thanks, im going to order a sample of this
smile.gif

I was wondering the same thing. I have been playing around with the finishing dust but it is not really working for me. My skin is still pretty oily and it seems like my make up just slides off by the middle of the day.

Originally Posted by Min /img/forum/go_quote.gif I use the lauress kick start primer. Good Stuff. Think I'll try this. It looks like a pretty good mineral primer.

Originally Posted by ShelbyLynn /img/forum/go_quote.gif Either Monistat Chafing gel or Smashbox. Both work fantastic. do you think that the monistat would prevent the minerals from being buffed in?

Originally Posted by blondie36 /img/forum/go_quote.gif can anyone suggest a good primer to use with edm , ive tried mac primer but it seems like the mmu dont blend to well, or should i not use any @ all? OK I hope this works for you. I use BE Mineral Makeup. I use Laura Geller Face Primer. It is called SPACKLE. It works with BE or when I use my Laura Geller Baked Makeup. It is like a very light Gel. You only use a little bit, and I like it alot.
rockwoot.gif

Periwinkle sky - how do you apply the eraser? I have ordered both the powder and creme - to see which works best....

MM

I craft my own primer for my mineral makeup. It's really easy too. I use equal parts of serecite mica and silica powder to make my own primer and I put it in a sifter jar. You can get silica powder from Monave, and serecite mica from Garden of Wisdom. I have very oily skin and this works great for me. I use this primer as a finishing powder too.

Originally Posted by blondie36 /img/forum/go_quote.gif can anyone suggest a good primer to use with edm , ive tried mac primer but it seems like the mmu dont blend to well, or should i not use any @ all? I use MAC Prep+Prime Skin and EDM and I haven't had a problem... Maybe it is the brush you're using? I have found that P+P Skin helps smooth the EDM more than before using it, I won't use EDM without it!

thanks everyone for all the great advise
smile.gif

Originally Posted by momidoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif I craft my own primer for my mineral makeup. It's really easy too. I use equal parts of serecite mica and silica powder to make my own primer and I put it in a sifter jar. You can get silica powder from Monave, and serecite mica from Garden of Wisdom. I have very oily skin and this works great for me. I use this primer as a finishing powder too. thanks for the great advise but my skin is dry should i use other ingredient instead i just left there website and i love it thanks for sharing , i was also wondering if i could make my own version of rare minerals what do you think
smile.gif

Originally Posted by blondie36 /img/forum/go_quote.gif do you think that the monistat would prevent the minerals from being buffed in? I had a buffing issue using the monistat when they say it makes your face like glass they arent kidding. It seemed that I had to use more minerals because the MMU would just slide off instead of buffing in & I never got good coverage. I might give it try again someday but my whole reason for going the MMU route was that it was natural & thats why I use the Lauress kick start the monistat was kinda defeating the purpose. If you dont care about the natural thing then monistat is cheap enough & may work for you.

Latest posts

Back