How about some BAD MMU Brands?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Have you guys tried any BAD mineral makeup brands? I mean, brands you tried and didn't like? And why didn't you like it?

I tried stuff from SilkyMakeup.com and the foundation was like a finishing powder, it was a pale yellow color and had no coverage, just mattified the skin.. I didnt like it.

well im one of the few who doesnt really like edm. I thought the medium beige i received was really light and chalky. Thats about it so far.

I hated BE, made my skin really itch and just looked blah. Didn't think much to lilylolo either, it was very drying and powdery

Originally Posted by Thais /img/forum/go_quote.gif Have you guys tried any BAD mineral makeup brands? I mean, brands you tried and didn't like? And why didn't you like it?
I tried stuff from SilkyMakeup.com and the foundation was like a finishing powder, it was a pale yellow color and had no coverage, just mattified the skin.. I didnt like it.

Yes, when I looked at this site it seemed so unorganized, too much going on. It practically gave me a headache!
ill.gif
So I thought...NOT!
My choice for bad would be Natural Look Mineral Makeup Cosmetics from Herbs of Grace . When I sampled them 2 years ago, the site colors were not true. It has since been updated and the colors appear realistic but their prices have jumped tremendously. I also did not care for the texture of some products--not finely milled.

Physicians formula is pretty crappy. It looks good the first few mins I apply it, but a few hours later it starts to come off and settle into my pores and just looks really bad!!!

Originally Posted by Thais /img/forum/go_quote.gif Hmmm did you use a primer? yeah i did, maybe i need to get a darker color.

I should mention that the Neutrogena MMU is pretty crappy too.. Very chalky.

I personally think EDM is a bad brand! The only good thing was that their Fair Intensive was close to my skin color -- it's very hard for me to find any kind of mu pale enough for me. But EDM rubbed off ridiculously easily -- it even rubbed off on my blotting sheets which is something that never happened with my regular liquid mu! Plus, it turned orange very quickly with my oily skin.

And their Finishing Dust did nothing -- it didn't make my skin any more matte, it didn't make the makeup last longer, it didn't soak up my oil -- I personally thought it was a complete waste of money!

The only thing I do like is their Anytime Blush... surprisingly, that stays matte better than their Matte foundation! Why couldn't they put that same mattifying ingredient in their foundation?
confused.gif

Anyways, now I'm using Aromaleigh and it's solved all my problems -- it doesn't rub off, it doesn't turn orange, and I can mix 2 colors to get the perfect color!
smile.gif

Originally Posted by girl_geek /img/forum/go_quote.gif I personally think EDM is a bad brand! The only good thing was that their Fair Intensive was close to my skin color -- it's very hard for me to find any kind of mu pale enough for me. But EDM rubbed off ridiculously easily -- it even rubbed off on my blotting sheets which is something that never happened with my regular liquid mu! Plus, it turned orange very quickly with my oily skin.
And their Finishing Dust did nothing -- it didn't make my skin any more matte, it didn't make the makeup last longer, it didn't soak up my oil -- I personally thought it was a complete waste of money!

The only thing I do like is their Anytime Blush... surprisingly, that stays matte better than their Matte foundation! Why couldn't they put that same mattifying ingredient in their foundation?
confused.gif

Anyways, now I'm using Aromaleigh and it's solved all my problems -- it doesn't rub off, it doesn't turn orange, and I can mix 2 colors to get the perfect color!
smile.gif

I'm sorry you didn't like EDM, but I am glad to hear you found something else that worked for ya!

I have only tried one - and I love it. I have heard about BM making people itch/turn red - but I plan on using it sometime soon
smile.gif

sheer cover is sheer garbage, it didnt cover and looked very chalky ,but im very happy with edm at the moment
smile.gif

i don't like EDM that much. their foundation does not really stay on as long as BM. their foundation does rub off. although their finishing dust is transparant, i think it makes me itch afterwards.

I don't really like EDM and I was really dissapointed with Physician's Formula. Looks really cakey, even when I put a tiny bit.

I did not like Bombshell Bath at all. It had no coverage and the color was too pale. It did not blend well either.

I do agree that EDM rubs off fairly easily but I think that can be solved w/ a primer. I haven't tried a primer w/ it yet, so I am not ready to give up on EDM. It also can turn kinda orangey colored towards the end of the day. But those are the only things about it that I don't like.

I don't like Pure Luxe: the site colors aren't true and the e/s are too powdery

Originally Posted by blondie36 /img/forum/go_quote.gif sheer cover is sheer garbage, it didnt cover and looked very chalky ,but im very happy with edm at the moment
smile.gif
I didnt think it was garbage... I actually thought it covered more than BE. But the colors were not a perfect match to me and it was a bit masky, maybe it was because I was applying too much since it was my first mineral foundation. But it was a good place to start.
smile.gif

BE did nothing for me, didn't cover much and made my face itch and break out.

laurenim isn't bad but doesn't seem to give much in the way of coverage, both with foundation and blush. i was excited to find them because i could buy them in my local health food store as opposed to online.

For my skin, I didn't like:

BE (made my skin itchy, dry, pores looked HUGE)

Sheer Cover (same as BE, plus no good color match)

Aromaleigh (made my skin look extremely dry and "old")

Physician's Forumula was pretty disappointing. The powder wasn't fine at all, it felt almost rough going on. The color and coverage isn't impressive either, but I didn't go through a lot of work trying to get the right color, either.

Back