RECS for MLBB lipstick for African-American skintones

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hello ladies,

I am looking for a MLBB (my lips but better) lipcolor. If this helps to narrow down the color options, I'm a NW40 in MAC. Any suggestions would be most appreciated. TIA

Hi,

Are you looking for a color that would be similar to your own lipcolor, but would be deemed as natural or nude?

Originally Posted by Aquilah /img/forum/go_quote.gif Pardon my stupidity, but what is MLBB? MLBB= My lips but better

Originally Posted by Leza1121 /img/forum/go_quote.gif Hi,
Are you looking for a color that would be similar to your own lipcolor, but would be deemed as natural or nude?

A lipcolor similar to my own that would be deemed natural.

Originally Posted by sugarquayn /img/forum/go_quote.gif MLBB= My lips but better

A lipcolor similar to my own that would be deemed natural.

Hi,
wavey.gif

Have you seen the movie "Something New" with San'aa Lathan and Simon Baker? This is a great example of natural / nude lipcolor. The undertones in her lipcolors are slightly yellow.

For myself, I line my lips with a natural color pencil; then apply Milani's Sexy Rose Color Perfect lipstick, finally topping it off with their Crystal Gloss in Taboo.

I hope this helps.

I'd recommend:

MAC - Syrup lipstick, Lustreglass in Palatial or Ornamental

Loreal HIP - lip gloss in #818 Darling, #438 Pixie

I'm MAC NC45/C8, my liptone is similar to yours and these are what I wear for a natural/neutral look. Hope this helps!

Back