Mineral Make up: before and after

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Girls, post your mineral makeup before and afters here!
biggrin.gif

I've been playing around with my samples of EDM and J.Lynne, so I thought I'd post a before and after for you all
smile.gif

First time showing my bare face... ahhh!
5.gif

This is from yesterday. I used:

* J. Lynne Primer Powder in Peach

* J. Lynne Foundation in Fair Neutral 0.7 & Porcelain Neutral 0.3

* J. Lynne Finishing Powder in Porcelain/Fair

* J. Lynne Natural Mineral Glow & Shy Blush on cheeks

* J. Lynne Smooth Lip Cream in Mae

* Everyday Minerals Sunlight Corrector under the eyes

* & Almay Triple Effect Mascara in Black

The first is before, and the next two are after. These were taken inside with a flash. Natural light would have been better, I think... I'll try that next time.

Anyway... As you can see, the foundation took away a little of the redness and smoothed out my complexion a bit. I'm still not thrilled that the little red spots on my forehead from some recently past breakouts are still visible... I don't know whether it's the makeup itself, or just my technique
icon_scratch.gif

I really love the lip cream, though... it's all natural, very smooth and the colour is a good one for me
smile.gif
I want to try a whole bunch more!

Hope this is useful to some of you! Today I'm going to do my whole face with Everyday Minerals, so I'll post that one soon.

Originally Posted by rejectstar /img/forum/go_quote.gif I've been playing around with my samples of EDM and J.Lynne, so I thought I'd post a before and after for you all
smile.gif
First time showing my bare face... ahhh!
5.gif

This is from yesterday. I used:

* J. Lynne Primer Powder in Peach

* J. Lynne Foundation in Fair Neutral 0.7 & Porcelain Neutral 0.3

* J. Lynne Finishing Powder in Porcelain/Fair

* J. Lynne Natural Mineral Glow & Shy Blush on cheeks

The first is before, and the next two are after. These were taken inside with a flash. Natural light would have been better, I think... I'll try that next time.

Anyway... As you can see, the foundation took away a little of the redness and smoothed out my complexion a bit. I'm still not thrilled that the little red spots on my forehead from some recently past breakouts are still visible... I don't know whether it's the makeup itself, or just my technique
icon_scratch.gif

I really love the lip cream, though... it's all natural, very smooth and the colour is a good one for me
smile.gif
I want to try a whole bunch more!

Hope this is useful to some of you! Today I'm going to do my whole face with Everyday Minerals, so I'll post that one soon.

You look wonderful! Thank you Hilary!

Thank you Thais and semantje!

Here's my Everyday Minerals before and after for today
smile.gif
:

* Everyday Minerals Foundation in Fair Cool Intensive & Matte

* Everyday Minerals Multitasking Concealer

* Everyday Minerals Siesta & Apple Blush [plus a little J. Lynne Natural Mineral Glow]

* Everyday Minerals Finishing Dust

I took these in natural light, with a flash. I tried without a flash, but it's pretty overcast today and my hands are so shaky that I couldn't get a clear one! They still look a bit more true to life than yesterday's though
smile.gif
Again, the first is before, and the next two are after. The third is with the lippie and the second without.

Originally Posted by rejectstar /img/forum/go_quote.gif Thank you Thais and semantje!
Here's my Everyday Minerals before and after for today
smile.gif
:

* Everyday Minerals Foundation in Fair Cool Intensive & Matte

* Everyday Minerals Multitasking Concealer

* Everyday Minerals Siesta & Apple Blush [plus a little J. Lynne Natural Mineral Glow]

* Everyday Minerals Finishing Dust

I took these in natural light, with a flash. I tried without a flash, but it's pretty overcast today and my hands are so shaky that I couldn't get a clear one! They still look a bit more true to life than yesterday's though
smile.gif
Again, the first is before, and the next two are after. The third is with the lippie and the second without.

You look awesome!!! I actually prefer EDM on you.
smile.gif

I don't have a camer or photos but I will offer my opinion. I recently paid sixty dollars plus for BE instead of 30 plus for sheer cover because sheer cover takes nearly a month or more to deliver.

I am NOT really that impressed. Not only that - but the mineral make up by Neutrogena seems to do just as well as BE. For one thing - I'm 62 and the BE

settles in my lines and wrinkles making me look much older. I can only use BE on the very outsides of my face - but not under my eyes or around my mouth.

Ã…s for coverage - there's little coverage.

I nearly returned it but it was just so much trouble to trek to the post office and wait in line here in NYC. I finally opted to give it to my daughter for her birthday.

rotfl.gif

I've been usng sheer cover for nearly a year and I LOVE IT. I would never put anything else on my skin. I love the way it looks so natural and soft and beautiful, it just makes your skin look great, not like your wearing a makeup mask. It feels like there's nothing there too, that is why I love it. I never used to wear makeup because I hated feeling like my skin couldn't breathe. Plus sheer cover doesn't run or streak if you cry, sweat, get rained on or even swim! I'm a fan for life. haha. Oh and the delivery time is excellent. You can even find it on eBay if ya wanna try it out. Some peopl have the starter kits at reasonable prices.

What does everyone think of Sheer Coverage versus L'Oreal's mineral makeup? Are they pretty much the same? I've never tried BE, b/c I know 2 women who used it & no matter what they did, it turned out too orangey on their face & settled into fine lines. L'Oreal's shades aren't that good but I have no problem with it settling into lines, have been wondering about SC.

I learn so many new things from all of you! However many of the brands you mention are not available in Greece...

Latest posts

Back