Make-Up Brands that my Derm told me to avoid

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Just thought I will let you girls know.....

These are the makeup brands that my dermatologist told me to avoid. I went in for problems with acne and scarring.

- Lancome

- Loreal

- Mary Kay

- Maxfactor

He recommended that Clinique is a good brand.

Do post if your dermatologist told you to avoid/ recommend a certain brand, so all of us can benefit!
sheep.gif

The title for this post should be:

*Makeup* brands that my derm told me to avoid. Didn't know how to edit the title.

I don't know about their skincare lines!

I changed the title for you Lavender
smile.gif

This will be an interesting thread, thank you for starting it
smile.gif

I'm going to move this thread to the Make-Up Forum.

Originally Posted by lavender /img/forum/go_quote.gif Just thought I will let you girls know.....These are the makeup brands that my dermatologist told me to avoid. I went in for problems with acne and scarring.

- Lancome

- Loreal

- Mary Kay

- Maxfactor

He recommended that Clinique is a good brand.

Do post if your dermatologist told you to avoid/ recommend a certain brand, so all of us can benefit!
sheep.gif

The title for this post should be:

*Makeup* brands that my derm told me to avoid. Didn't know how to edit the title.

I don't know about their skincare lines!

Really?I always thought Lancome was a very good brand!Reg Clinique yes i noticed that it was good for my skin when I used it!
I used to get acne whenever I use Lancome foundations which is why I stopped using them!

Thanks for the info!

Thanks for the info.

I remember a while back that someone mentioned their demo said to avoid MAC cream foundation in the compact (sorry don't know the name). Not sure why.

I hate to rain on a parade..but Clinique dried my skin out and made it look way worse than any of those other brands...
kopfkratz.gif

I have oily skin and clogged pores due to my oily skin (but not "true" acne, which requires the presence of a certain bacteria), and the only brand that my dermatologist let me wear was Prescriptives. He insisted this was the only brand that was truly noncomedogenic. (And he said any Prescriptives product was okay for my skin.)

Now this was a few years ago before the popularity of mineral makeup, so I don't know what he would think about mineral makeup. But I only wore Prescriptives face makeup for years at his recommendation!
smile.gif
(I am using mineral makeup now and my skin looks fine, but the last few years I haven't had as many clogged pores anyway, though it's still very oily.)

Personally, I think that there is always going to be a product that someone has a problem with. The products she listed might actually be fine for someone else. As for Clinique - I have used it, and I don't think it's that great - someone else might think it's wonderful. Unless she has a specific reason to not use these brands, I think everyone else should keep using them if they are working. Just my opinion.

Wow...I'm surprised by this list too. Did your Derm say why? I'm assuming because he/she thinks they clog your pores??

I'd say all of MAC's foundations. They all have comodegenic ingredients and cause skin problems for lots of people, even those with clear skin.

Originally Posted by SimplyElegant /img/forum/go_quote.gif I'd say all of MAC's foundations. They all have comodegenic ingredients and cause skin problems for lots of people, even those with clear skin. yeah i broke out so bad from studio tech, it sucks.

Originally Posted by Thais /img/forum/go_quote.gif Do you know why she made that recommendation? I don't know why he told me to avoid those brands, it could be something specific to my skin.

Originally Posted by lavender /img/forum/go_quote.gif I don't know why he told me to avoid those brands, it could be something specific to my skin. Can you describe your skin?
Maybe it should be said that.. avoid these x-brands if you have this type of skin?

That might help
wink.gif

But i wish I got advice from a dermatologist on make-up hehe. When ever I went with my boyfriend to his appointments in the dermatology office, I always saw mineral make-up ads.

Like alot of people have said, it depends on the person and how your skin reacts to certain products

Originally Posted by michelle123 /img/forum/go_quote.gif I think it really depends on the person also. Yes!

Back