Sign in to follow this  
togal

Black Nailpolish

Does anyone here wear black nailpolish? With the hype over Chanel black satin I bought Milani black satin today. Honestly, I'm afraid to try it. Posted Image I like wearing vampy shades but black just seems to bring me over to the goth side.

I think it looks good if it's done right. Personally I don't wear it though because I have really long and skinny fingers, and whenever I wear dark nail polish my fingers just look even longer and skinnier.

My next manicure will be in BLACK YES I want to try it. This will be my first time. It think it can be classy color on your nails besides the standard reds or the French look.

I would also be scared to try it .... today I saw a girl with black toenails and I thought it just looked weird!

Of course I already have skin that's pale enough to make me a Goth, I don't need to add black nail polish! lol Honestly the only black things I like to wear are black pants and shoes... I think I need more color in my nail polish (toes and fingers), shirts, and makeup to brighten up my pale skin! The wrong color of nail polish, especially on my toenails for some reason, just doesn't look right with my skintone...

i wanna try it, although i would've never thought about even doing it if it wasn't the "style" now. i've seen it on a lot of people and i'm loving it more and more!

I haven't worn black yet. I do want to try it though. I wear dark purple a lot and sometimes it looks black. It definitely is in style now.

I wore black np in 12 grade and my first and second year of college. I actually thought it looked sophisticated... just wore it like any dark np and from a distance that's what it looked like

I like black nail polish. i don't wear it often. For some reason, when it chips I think it looks worse than when other colors chip.

I just removed my black polish off my nails after 2 weeks. =) I love it and I have 4 teenagers. LOL I have it on my toes too. Actually I had my black polish on at a training I had to do. Honestly I think it is classy. I get bored with the pink and white. EVERYONE wears it! Ugh. But its all in HOW you wear it. LOVE IT!!! Recommend you DO IT!!!! Fun fun fun. =)

Carol

One of the magazines had a do's and don'ts of wearing black nail polish. It said the look works better if your nails are shorter.

I agree. Short but not too short nails with black n/p looks classy

seriously how can anyone tell whether it's chanel or maybelline, LOL... looks the same to me

According to Oct. 06 of People mag black nail polish is HOT! I'd probably go for a really dark burgundy or purple instead of straight-up black

I love the dark polish trend! I was hesitant to wear black nail polish, also- so I bought O.P.I.'s "Lincoln Park After Dark"- it's a really, really dark purple, so it almost looks black, but it's not. It looks great! I've been using this color for a few weeks now, and I actually get compliments on it. So if you guys want to wear dark polish, but don't want it to look too harsh, you have to try this shade! Posted Image

Thanks ladies. I think I'm going to try it for a weekend first.

One of my dark colours is NYX dark cherry. But still trying to find Lincoln Park After Dark. I've read that is a very very popular shade.

I'd wear it, except I'm one for natural looking fingernails. Now, I'll wear just about any color on my toes!

THanks for the links lia matos. 8ty8beauty has amazing prices. In Canada OPI is about $11.00 or more.

You're welcome Posted Image I wish it would send to Brazil so i could try some of those nailpolishes Posted Image

I used to wear black nailpolish all the time... funny how it's now becoming a hot trend! I love having glossy black nails. And I'm talking like vinyl, or patent leather glossy... reminiscent of PVC dominatrix catsuits, if you will. Posted Image One thing I loved was to use a slightly shimmery black polish [i used L'Oreal Jet Set in Boogie... I think] and top it with a shiny shiny clear topcoat Posted Image

The only thing about black polish is that it does start to look shabby a lot quicker since it's such a dark colour. If you're someone who absolutely can't stand having chipped polish on your nails, you'll probably go crazy trying to keep it looking nice. I have really pale skin and long, thin fingers.... and I might be the odd one here, but I like how black polish makes them look longer and thinner! I embrace my natural pallor Posted ImagePosted Image