Black Nailpolish

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Does anyone here wear black nailpolish? With the hype over Chanel black satin I bought Milani black satin today. Honestly, I'm afraid to try it.
scared.gif
I like wearing vampy shades but black just seems to bring me over to the goth side.

I think it looks good if it's done right. Personally I don't wear it though because I have really long and skinny fingers, and whenever I wear dark nail polish my fingers just look even longer and skinnier.

My next manicure will be in BLACK YES I want to try it. This will be my first time. It think it can be classy color on your nails besides the standard reds or the French look.

I would also be scared to try it .... today I saw a girl with black toenails and I thought it just looked weird!

Of course I already have skin that's pale enough to make me a Goth, I don't need to add black nail polish! lol Honestly the only black things I like to wear are black pants and shoes... I think I need more color in my nail polish (toes and fingers), shirts, and makeup to brighten up my pale skin! The wrong color of nail polish, especially on my toenails for some reason, just doesn't look right with my skintone...

Originally Posted by mebabygirl86 /img/forum/go_quote.gif i like it but whatever you do dont leave it on long or you can get fungus
frown.gif
WOW and this is because is black? I'm sorry this is the first time I hear this!
scared.gif

i wanna try it, although i would've never thought about even doing it if it wasn't the "style" now. i've seen it on a lot of people and i'm loving it more and more!

I haven't worn black yet. I do want to try it though. I wear dark purple a lot and sometimes it looks black. It definitely is in style now.

I wore black np in 12 grade and my first and second year of college. I actually thought it looked sophisticated... just wore it like any dark np and from a distance that's what it looked like

I like black nail polish. i don't wear it often. For some reason, when it chips I think it looks worse than when other colors chip.

I just removed my black polish off my nails after 2 weeks. =) I love it and I have 4 teenagers. LOL I have it on my toes too. Actually I had my black polish on at a training I had to do. Honestly I think it is classy. I get bored with the pink and white. EVERYONE wears it! Ugh. But its all in HOW you wear it. LOVE IT!!! Recommend you DO IT!!!! Fun fun fun. =)

Carol

Originally Posted by Teresamachado /img/forum/go_quote.gif WOW and this is because is black? I'm sorry this is the first time I hear this!
scared.gif
well its with most dark colors.i read it before that it can turn the yellow or even give the nail fungus.trust me,i Know
scared.gif

One of the magazines had a do's and don'ts of wearing black nail polish. It said the look works better if your nails are shorter.

I agree. Short but not too short nails with black n/p looks classy

seriously how can anyone tell whether it's chanel or maybelline, LOL... looks the same to me

According to Oct. 06 of People mag black nail polish is HOT! I'd probably go for a really dark burgundy or purple instead of straight-up black

I love the dark polish trend! I was hesitant to wear black nail polish, also- so I bought O.P.I.'s "Lincoln Park After Dark"- it's a really, really dark purple, so it almost looks black, but it's not. It looks great! I've been using this color for a few weeks now, and I actually get compliments on it. So if you guys want to wear dark polish, but don't want it to look too harsh, you have to try this shade!
smile.gif

Thanks ladies. I think I'm going to try it for a weekend first.

One of my dark colours is NYX dark cherry. But still trying to find Lincoln Park After Dark. I've read that is a very very popular shade.

I'd wear it, except I'm one for natural looking fingernails. Now, I'll wear just about any color on my toes!

Latest posts

Back