Jon Stewart and Stephan Colbert

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
While driving to work today, I heard on the radio that there is a movement to have Jon Stewart and Stephen Colbert run for presidency for 2008. Although Jon Stewart came out and say he has no plans of running, I am definitely one of those people who would vote for him. I simply adore Stewart and Colbert, they are both intelligent, in tune with world events, articulate, well arounded, and eloquent men. I honestly wish I can say the same about our current President. I have a lot of respect for those two guys and I would love nothing more than to see them in the White House. They are so on the point with everything, and god are they sexy or what! I don't usually like my men in stuffy Brookes Brothers suits but boy those two even makes suits look sexy.

All I can say is their wives are damn lucky to have that coming home to them.

No, I don't mean they both run for presidency, I think Colbert was supposed to be Vice President and sidekick to Jon Stewart. I think Stewart is supposed to be the presidential candidate.

I don't know Tony, I think those two guys are very in touch with world affairs. Have you ever seen their interviews outside of the Daily Show and Colbert Report? They are very knowledgeable and in touch with what goes on in the US and beyond. Just the other day, Jon had the Prime Minister of Pakistan on his show. If that's not worldly I don't know what is.

I LOVE those guys! Then again, I'm a bleeding heart liberal! lol... I don't know about running for Prez. and Vice -Prez. though. I think they do what they do to bring some humor to politics. I don't think they have an interest in becoming PART OF the rat race, they just want to LAUGH AT it and do commentary.

Have you ever watched Real Time with Bill Maher on HBO??? He is awesome!

Are they really? And yes I have to agree, they are so sexy
smile.gif

Have you seen the previews for Robin Williams' new movie? Its all about a political comedian (like Stewart or Colbert) that runs for pres. as a gag and ends up winning. I think that may have started this rumor. It seems to me that, although it would be funny as hell, Stewart and Colbert have a little more respect for politics than to play such a huge prank on everyone. It would be funny but I'm sure it's just a rumor.

id vote for him. can we start up a vote and petition to have him run?

No they're not running for presidency, although I wish they would. There is a petition out there somewhere asking for them to run. Heck I'd definitely sign it.

i see bumper stickers around town that say jon stewart 08'.

i would totally vote for him! at least we'd have someone with common sense.

Originally Posted by Retro-Violet /img/forum/go_quote.gif i see bumper stickers around town that say jon stewart 08'.i would totally vote for him! at least we'd have someone with common sense.

Amen to that, he certainly has more sense than our current commander in chief.

Back