I made my own bra! See *decent* pics!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nox

Reaction score
I have been into making my own bras for a short while now. I think I am getting to the point where they are becoming quite good. I like having this ability because I am small-chested (34A) and I can tailor things to my own body. And like the bikini I showed you guys previously, I like a good challenge.

I haven't seen any manufacturers come out with an unpadded, fully-lined, demi cup, that had a front snap closure to provide lift, AND was an A-cup. So I set out to see if I could do it.

Okay, here are the specs:

• 34 A (This is my kind of 34 A, not the commercial-type)
  • fully lined and unpadded (rare in A-cup bras)
  • front and center snap closure
  • covered and anchored underwire (no wire migration in the laundry, LOL)
  • Demi-cup
  • Outter material made of stretch satin
  • Cup lining made with 100% cotton
  • Adjustable bra straps
Tell me what you think. I always like to get constructive feedback so I can improve my handywork.

Originally Posted by empericalbeauty /img/forum/go_quote.gif it looks amazing. Do you make outfits or just undies and swimmies? I guess my *specialty* is actual clothing. But undergaments and swimwear don't require as much time (per se) as full clothing, and I enjoy the challenge of making garments in unusual styles.

How creative! I would never have the skill or patience to make my own bras! lol...I am very impressed!

those are cute you should make some outfits and take them to strip clubs or give them a card with your number when i use to dance this lady would come in with the cutetist outfits and charg like $60-$70 dollars you are talented! and she made hers too i went to her house she had a room with seweing machine and fabric

wow that bra looks awesome. I love the color and the front closure idea, I´d like to have a bra that closes in the front!

cool nice work...wish I had talent and skill ...would like to make a corset that fit and shaped me right
smile.gif

That's really cool that you can do that and since you are small chested, you can make anything and it will look good on you. That bra looks perfect.

That looks really good, it looks like a pattern I have by Elan (B540). I like the Kwik Sew patterns for bras too! (Where did you get the lace BTW? I've been looking for the emroidered lace like that in pink forever!!!)

That's really nice! It looks like you really did a really good job on the construction, and I love the color!

I'm a (commercial-type) 32C, and I can never find any bras that fit quite right. :/ If only I was as talented as you! lol. I'd make all my bras...
smile.gif

Wow thats really pretty. You have some talent there girl. How in the hell do you make a bra??? LOL its awesome.

Latest posts

Back