iPod users: new battery?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
for those of you who have ipods or know of anyone who does, has the battery been changed yet?

i heard their battery only lasts a year and after that, you have problems. i've had mine for over a year (nano) and no problems with mine so far.

my sister has the mini and hers is completely dead and i was wondering if she gets a new battery, is it worth it, like, will it be back to almost brand new or should she just invest in a new one?

thanks for any feedback!

I haven't changed it yet, but my battery life is getting worse and worse. I don't even think my video pod has made it a year yet.

If my battery dies completely i will definitely replace it. I think its only $30 to replace it at ipodjuice.com

I have mine for over a year... I am sure it's getting weaker, but it's still holding up fine so far... The worse is I am going to send it to the battery replace.

I have had mine for almost two years (4th generation ipod) and haven't had any problems with it.

My Pinky (mini) is just over a year old, and I haven't had that problem yet. BUt one thing people forget is that not to charge any rechargabel object until the battery is completely finished, since the battery also has a memory, and is only going to charge the part that's no there energy left, and the battery finished faster, and the next time you charge, only that little part is charge and so forth, so charging when the battery is completely finished prolongs the life of the batter imensly...

Sadly, I don't own an iPod... I feel left out
frown.gif

thanks for the replies!

Originally Posted by foxybronx /img/forum/go_quote.gif If my battery dies completely i will definitely replace it. I think its only $30 to replace it at ipodjuice.com that's a good price! thanks for the info.

Originally Posted by pieced /img/forum/go_quote.gif My Pinky (mini) is just over a year old, and I haven't had that problem yet. BUt one thing people forget is that not to charge any rechargabel object until the battery is completely finished, since the battery also has a memory, and is only going to charge the part that's no there energy left, and the battery finished faster, and the next time you charge, only that little part is charge and so forth, so charging when the battery is completely finished prolongs the life of the batter imensly... you know, i learned that a long time ago from someone who works at best buy and no one believed me. i always charge my stuff up when the battery's low, as oppose to charging it whenever i wanted. thanks for the confirmation!

Originally Posted by Aquilah /img/forum/go_quote.gif Sadly, I don't own an iPod... I feel left out
frown.gif
please join us in 2006
wink.gif

my old ipod self destructed...i heard about the battery thing. you can send it back to apple during the warrenty period so i plan on sending mine in around july. i got it late august early september

My friend has an ipod mini that is dead too, the battery would die really fast and then stopped holding a charge altogether. She doesn't think it's worth it to replace the battery and is gonna just buy either a nano or a video ipod.

yep i heard about the battery problem for ipods too. But i only got my ipod video since august, so can not really tell, so far it is still doing very well, i charge every 3 days. But i did a search on google and there are some online stores they sell new battery for ipod and it cost £15, i'm not sure in U.S but does no harm if you try a search on google. It probably better than invest in a new one if you still satisfy with the one you got, i mean your sister.
laughing.gif

Oh dam...I'm glad some1 posted this! Mine has been annoying the crap out of me cuz I can't work out without my music. Mine just shuts off in the middle of my workout or sometimes gives me this weird "flat line" and then dies! I didn't know the batteries needed to be changed! Good to know.

I've had my iPodvideo since July so no problems with the battery yet. I read the same thing from apple.com about how important it is to drain your battery all the way once in a while and then charge it. My iPod fm transmitter charges at the same time it plays music in my car. So I better watch that.

Originally Posted by Macaholic76 /img/forum/go_quote.gif Oh dam...I'm glad some1 posted this! Mine has been annoying the crap out of me cuz I can't work out without my music. Mine just shuts off in the middle of my workout or sometimes gives me this weird "flat line" and then dies! I didn't know the batteries needed to be changed! Good to know. If you are vigorously working out with an ipod it can actually hurt it because their harddrives can't take the constant shaking. The only exception to that is the ipod nano which has a flashdrive instead on a harddrive.

Originally Posted by Aquilah /img/forum/go_quote.gif Sadly, I don't own an iPod... I feel left out
frown.gif
I don't own one either...
scared.gif
We need help apparently.

I have mine for two years and never had any problems with the battery.

Latest posts

Back