Vaseline: anti aging?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My cousin who is 16 and her mom use vaseline on their faces every night. They have been doing this for years and they both have great skin. Now my question is .. if you're a teen or even older and you smother your face in vaseline every night ..wouldn't you break out in zits? Also her mom ( my aunt) is 40 something and doesnt have a single wrinkle , at first I thought she was just lucky but her sisters who are younger have wrinkles . Are my cousin and aunt just lucky? or is Vaseline a solution for all skin problems?

Maybe they aren't acne-prone? Personally, i wouldn't smother it on my face considering i'm extremely acne-prone, let alone the thick and gooey uncomfortable texture. But who knows, maybe petroleum jelly is the new age-reversal solution!

Personally, I would not cover my face in Vaseline.

Maybe they have stayed out of the sun or used sun protection for the majority of their life!

maybe there is something to it because i have heard this before....hmmm

Hmm, I wouldn't have thought it but maybe there is something to it then. I would be afraid it would break me out, though.

I've put a dab here and there for some moisture, but not all over! I'm acne prone. You could try and see, just be cautious..it seems like to me it would be pore clogging. It is an excellent moisturizer though.

i think i'd rather use this as an eye cream and not all over my face since i'm scared of breaking out.
plain.gif

since my skin is breaking out as it is i am almost tempted to start slathering it on....

Tyra Banks uses vasliene every night thats her big secret she had it on her show. Look that up maybe she explains the reson. Just try it a little dab over face where you would break out and see if you do or not. Test it out for a while.

I've heard of Vaseline on other body parts, but never the face. It's not something I would do personally.

Originally Posted by Little_Lisa /img/forum/go_quote.gif Hmm, I wouldn't have thought it but maybe there is something to it then. I would be afraid it would break me out, though. ditto.

as of right now i have vaseline on my nose. my nose is red, flaky, and sensitive since ive been blowing my nose for the past few days. i thought it would be all goopy and uncomfy but its sooo soothing and my nose doesnt hurt anymore from the red & raw feeling. best part is that it doesnt feel like its there! but putting this on my entire face? yikes...but my skin is getting drier so id like to give it a try. im worried ill break out since itll xfer to the pillows and whatnot.

My grandmother used to swear by this and the Dove white beauty bar. She had beautiful skin. I've been combo/oily since my teens and wouldn't dare try it.

It could be great genes because its not staying out of the sun or using sunscreen. Personally I use Vaseline on my eyelids because they get dry and flaky sometimes but if itdidnt clog the pores around my eyes..why would it clog my pores anywhere else?

speerrituall1 thats really funny cuz they use Dove too! oh no ..what if it's Dove that's anti aging??

Originally Posted by vanilla_sky /img/forum/go_quote.gif I assume they both have great genes
biggrin.gif
Ditto

Vaseline creates a barrier between the skin and builds up on the skin its also hard to wash of.

Originally Posted by katrosier /img/forum/go_quote.gif It could be great genes because its not staying out of the sun or using sunscreen. Personally I use Vaseline on my eyelids because they get dry and flaky sometimes but if itdidnt clog the pores around my eyes..why would it clog my pores anywhere else?
speerrituall1 thats really funny cuz they use Dove too! oh no ..what if it's Dove that's anti aging??

You'd be surprised how many older women of color say they use Vaseline(petroleum jelly.) The celebrity Nancy Wilson said this is her beauty secret-- not a wrinkle to be seen! Also, many say they use Crisco, that's right Crisco, the man-made lard(hydrogenated vegetable oil) in a can that never expires--yuck!! Naomi Campbell says she uses it on her knees and elbows, to control ashen skin. LOL
laughing.gif

10/18 10:55AM Update:

Tyra Banks announced on her show that Vaseline is her beauty secret, along with the Aveeno cleansing bar.

Actresses Nia Long and Vivica Fox, use it as an all over body moisturiser by slathering down with it and wearing a warmup suit around the house for several hours or overnight.

Latest posts

Back