*SOB* Spent $130 CAD @ HOLTS! REFUND or EXCHANGE?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I bought 1 laura mercier oil free foundation and 1 press setting powder translucent. I used them this weekend and try as I might, they just don't suit me!!!

I checked the HOLT RENFREW receipt and it says "NO RETURNS ON COSMETICS"!!!!

AHHH! Should I still try??? Or is that $100+ down the drain??
scared.gif

try it! or go to another store tat sells them and try to exchange it with out a reciept. ask if you can exchange it for something else or store credit just say you cant find the reciept it doesnt work for you

You could either try to exchange them or get store credit at another store, or even try selling them here on MuT.

Originally Posted by bejb1011 /img/forum/go_quote.gif try it! or go to another store tat sells them and try to exchange it with out a reciept. ask if you can exchange it for something else or store credit just say you cant find the reciept it doesnt work for you Thanks for your response! As far as I know, they only sell Laura Mercier at Holt Renfrew in Canada
frown.gif
So I don't think I can bring at anywhere else...

I'll try to exchange at least!! Ughhhh....

Anyone else try returning MAKEUP at HOLT RENFREW W/LUCK?
frown.gif

You know... That's kinda mean they don't accept returns... Although, does the receipt say no exchanges? LOL! There's a difference IMHO there LOL! Although, to them it's probably the same...

Originally Posted by Aquilah /img/forum/go_quote.gif You know... That's kinda mean they don't accept returns... Although, does the receipt say no exchanges? LOL! There's a difference IMHO there LOL! Although, to them it's probably the same... I totally agree with you Aquilah! Return policy is pretty harsh. I wouldn't have bought any cosmetic from HOLT but unfortunately they are the only store in Canada that carries certain high end cosmetics.
The receipt only said "returns"....but yes, I am guessing that means anything and everything to them!
kopfkratz.gif

*sigh....

Ok, I would be sobbing, too!
10.gif
Everyone's suggestion sounds like it is worth a try, at least, particularly for that amount of money!

tell them that the makeup caused a rash/irritation/broke you out and that you desirve a refund or exchange, (just get hissy w/ them and ask for the manager)

I'd try and exchange it or like Aquilah said see if you can sell it or swap it here on mut.

I agree, try to exchange or return them first, there may be someone there that will allow you too. If all else fails, try selling them here or on ebay, I'm sure someone would be interested.
smile.gif

very easy solution.

just go back or even call them and say " hi.. just bought this Laura Mercier foundation and it doesn't seem to agree with my skin. I'm starting to break out and considering this cost me 100$ i would like to get my money back" if you really ***** enough, they'll return it.

call them first and then go over there...

I've bought many things from Holt but never returned or exchanged. I'd speak to the manager and explain that this gave you a rash and it's very costly, and therefore you should be entitled to an exchange at least.

I agree, fight them for it. Be like it's making me break out in horrible rashes, ect. Demand a refund or exchange. Let us know if everything works out.

Originally Posted by pinkbundles /img/forum/go_quote.gif i'd at least try to exchange it. Ditto!

If you speak the manager, they'll probably let you exchange it for store credit. I doubt they will refund your money though. I guess the reason they don't allow returns for cosmetics/brushes is because they can't be sold again. If all else fails, def post it on here, or Ebay. $100 is a lot for a brush!

RE: EBAY: I have heard you can't sell *USED* makeup? It apparently is unsanitary and against FDA or something along those lines?

Has anyone actually sold makeup on ebay with success?

Funny that so many other stores like Sephora and MAC have this no hassle return for makeup- s'long as you have a receipt. ARGH. I'm shopping at Sephora from now on!

*So many ideas on what to do...!! Now I don't feel so scared
smile.gif
hehe...Thanks again!

Hi everyone!

Just to update! So I finally got the chance to visit the Laura Mercier counter at Holts (the same one I visited last week), and the MA actually remembered me!!

I simply told her my situation (I had an *allergic* reaction to the foundations). She asked me if this was my first time using LM makeup (which it was) and without hesitation, she gave me a FULL REFUND! WOW! Not just that, she was genuinely concerned with my *allergic reaction*!!
blush.gif

Moral of the story: AIM high (ask for refund first, if that fails, then ask for exchange!) Also, an *allergy related* reason for a return= GRRRREAT REASON!

Thanks so much for the advice everyone!
top.gif

Back