Dark spots caused by acne

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I've got some dark spots where pimples have been.. And I hate-hate-hate them
frown.gif
Do you ladies know of something gentle enough for sensitive skin to help soften or lighten these marks?

i dunno but i have them too. but they do eventually fade on their own, exfoliate regularlly

I have sensitive skin too .. not crazy sensitive more like "reactive" and l'oreal refinish has helped fade my dark acne scars . Plus the little moisturizer that comes with it is great ! Has SPF ,sinks in fast and has a luminizing effect .

Originally Posted by goddess13 /img/forum/go_quote.gif Maybe Mama Lotion? Ooh, I havent heard of that. Where can I find more info about this (ingredients and where it's sold)?

I'm not too sure what to recommend, but I'm sure Lisa will have good recs.

You can try a lightening cream/gel. Proactiv has one, but they have them at drugstores too. The active ingredient is hydroquinone, so look for that too. The only thing is it can make your skin sensitive to the sun so wear sunscreen when outside!

i agree with getting a acid peel if u do them consistently it will fade faster as oppose 2 waiting 4 them fading on their own

I am currently using Palmer's scar serum. no complaint yet, ...okay maybe it is a bit thick..but hey! thats fine with me as long as it is doing its job.

you should def use a hydroquinone product...Ambi has reforlmulated their products to be gentler. Be aware that over the counter you can purchase 2% which will help them fade gradually...

if you use...ANY lightening product

You will need to wear an SPF as the sun increases the production of melanin which makes the dark spots more visible...

i have dark spots- which i hate- but i use meds my dermatologist perscribed- so my hrdoquinone is higher and it has SPF in it already..but of course i still apply a 30 SPF daily good luck

I know that some think MK isn't high end, but i am blow away with Even Complexion Essence All the sun spots I had are almost totally gone, my cheeks have a rosy glow and my face looks brighter. I have used this probably 6-7 weeks. I have several women of color who have used this for dark spots and they are experiencing the same thing. If you know a MK consultant, it's worth checking out. I have also started using sun screen to prefent more sun spots. Sunscreen is a big deal for me cause most make me oily, so I usually wont touch it.

my sister use to use Ambi when we were younger and she had (still has)

beautiful evenly toned skin! just don't forget the sunblock
smile.gif

Originally Posted by Femme*Noir /img/forum/go_quote.gif my sister use to use Ambi when we were younger and she had (still has)beautiful evenly toned skin! just don't forget the sunblock
smile.gif

Thanks!

I have the same problem with dark spots due to acne. My dermatologist recommended using the Obagi brand lightener. I think it is only sold at dermatologitsts' offices although you might be able to find it online as well. She recommended that i take a small dab and mix it with some retin-a and apply to the dark spots. It doesn't work over night but I do see results within a few weeks.

I use the Neutrogena ance fading peel once or twice a week and it helps! Also, vit C helps to lighten the marks too.

Black Opal Dual Fade Complex Gel is a good one. It worked for me. It costs about $12.

Back