Anyone hear of this book?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
6 Weeks to Sensational Skin: Dr. Loretta's Beauty Camp Handbook for Your Freshest Face

1594864756.01._SCLZZZZZZZ_V59844815_.jpg

Book Description

Taking a fresh, fun approach to the personal makeover, noted dermatologist Dr. Loretta Ciraldo invites readers to attend her beauty camp, where she shows them how to conduct a thorough assessment of their skinand build a beauty regimen that meets their personal needs and style. In just 6 weeks, theyll see dramatic improvement in their skin with less redness, smaller pores, and fewer fine lines. As every professional model well knows, the magic of makeup is its ability to disguise imperfections. With Dr. Loretta guiding them, readers will discover new products andtechniques that will conceal any flawsand, most importantly enhance their best features.

Never heard of it... Might need to check into it when I'm back in Barnes & Noble.

Here is an article and video. I am ordering the book!

Better Skin, Fast and Cheap

Follow Doctor's Low-Cost Tips to Get Younger-Looking Skin in 6 Weeks

Sept. 27, 2006 — - So many women look for the fountain of youth in a tube of high-priced skin cream or plastic surgery.

But "Good Morning America" contributor Dr. Loretta Ciraldo, professor of dermatology at the University of Miami, says that you don't need to spend a lot of money -- or go to the dermatologist -- to rejuvenate your skin.

"The solution to some of the most common problems is a mixture of common sense and medical knowledge," Ciraldo said.

"And it took me a long time, too, to discover what works and what doesn't. I heard some of these things, but I didn't always believe them. Experience -- personally and in my practice -- is the best teacher."

Ciraldo's new book, "6 Weeks to Sensational Skin," is filled with low-cost and free tips on how to freshen up your skin, no matter your age.

Below are a few of her favorites.

Photograph Your Problem Spots

Take "orientation" photos of your face to get a clear picture of your problem spots. You'll want to take three -- one head-on shot and profiles for each side of your face.

Photographs will give you a much more accurate depiction of your skin problems than a magnifying mirror, which distorts the appearance of your face. The pictures will help give you a realistic idea of what to address.

Over a six-week period, keep updating the photos to see how far you've come.

Upgrade Your Pillowcase

Puffy eyes happen for a few reasons. Many of the most popular lotions women use at night contain Retin-A or glycolic acid. Both can cause a minimal irritation to the skin. Then, when you lay your head on your pillow, you're increasing the risk of irritation.

An easy solution is to get a pillowcase with a high-thread count, like 400 -- which is much softer on the face.

Another solution is to wash the case in a detergent like All Free & Clear, one that removes all dust mites, cat dander and fragrance -- three things that might cause allergies and contribute to puffy eyes and creases. Wash your pillowcase twice a week to really protect your skin.

Cut Back on Washing Your Hair

A lot of women don't realize that while skin-care products have eliminated ingredients that are problematic for skin, hair-care products haven't. I call hair-care products the poison ivy of your skin. Very often, hair-care products will have ingredients that clog pores.

The problematic ingredients in shampoo are fragrance and sodium lauryl sulfate, which helps produce the lather we all like in our shampoos, but is also an irritant.

Instead of washing your hair every day, wash it every other day. And after the age of 35, try to do it once a week.

If You Must Lather Up, Take Precautions

If you must wash your hair every day, use a clear shampoo rather than a creamy one. Look for products without fragrance and sodium lauryl sulfate. They're not always easy to find, but they're out there.

And make sure you pull your hair back when you wash it, so that residue from the shampoo doesn't clog the pores around your hairline. Also, use leave-in conditioner and apply more on your hair than on your scalp.

Smile More to Banish Lip Lines

Many women get concerned about lines around their lips as they mature. But if you spend five minutes every morning and night smiling in a broad smile, you'll actually build up the muscles around your lips.

Source and video

Originally Posted by SimplyElegant /img/forum/go_quote.gif That sounds interesting. I've never heard of it though. ditto.

I'd like to know what you think of it. If you get it, do a review to let us know what you think.

do share info when you get it! it sounds interesting i may get it if my dove and vaseline fails me!

just the little i've read so far sounds really informative. i might have to get this one for my library. thanks marisol!

Originally Posted by lynnda /img/forum/go_quote.gif Sounds very interesting! Let us know how you like it! Originally Posted by katrosier /img/forum/go_quote.gif let us know if you like it once you buy it
smile.gif
Originally Posted by semantje /img/forum/go_quote.gif i hope you post an review about this book, its sounds very intresting Originally Posted by jewel6969 /img/forum/go_quote.gif I'd like to know what you think of it. If you get it, do a review to let us know what you think. Originally Posted by bejb1011 /img/forum/go_quote.gif do share info when you get it! it sounds interesting i may get it if my dove and vaseline fails me! Will do!

Yes! I saw Dr. Loretta on Good Morning America last month talking about the book. I have it on my wish list at Amazon.com. It's a top seller in the Skin Care section... You can buy it online and also and B&N and Costco I think.

I love the tip about having a 400 thread count pillowcase and using detergent that gets rid of dust mites/dander, which apparently can help make your eyes less puffy.... who knew! apparently the book has lots of cheap and fast tips to take care of your skin...

Originally Posted by dangc /img/forum/go_quote.gif Yes! I saw Dr. Loretta on Good Morning America last month talking about the book. I have it on my wish list at Amazon.com. It's a top seller in the Skin Care section... You can buy it online and also and B&N and Costco I think.
I love the tip about having a 400 thread count pillowcase and using detergent that gets rid of dust mites/dander, which apparently can help make your eyes less puffy.... who knew! apparently the book has lots of cheap and fast tips to take care of your skin...

Welcome to MUT!

Latest posts

Back