Red lips on me: what do you think?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
i finally got nars's cruella matte pencil. please excuse the skin
ill.gif

Pic21.jpg

what do you think?! i think it's a good red for me! be honest.
EDIT: i purposely don't have a full face on because it's a lazy day. usually, i'd pair it with black liner (not harsh) or a neutral wash!

I think this color loos really nice on you! I think you could pull of rose reds as well. You should try that lip pencil with a light shimmery gold e/s, that would look so pretty!

Honestly, its a bit too harsh. Maybe the red is too pigmented..::shrugs:: Then again I have never been a fan of Red lipstick...
frown.gif

thanks for the opinions!

amanda, any recs for a rose red? also, i edited my original to put in what kinda e/s i'd usually wear. today i was just lazy so i only put that lipstick on! LOL

Originally Posted by Jennifer /img/forum/go_quote.gif thanks for the opinions!
amanda, any recs for a rose red? also, i edited my original to put in what kinda e/s i'd usually wear. today i was just lazy so i only put that lipstick on! LOL

Well, the only rose red I can think of off hand is Russian red by MAC. You would look good in Ruby Woo too, which is more blue red

I agree with Xexuxa.

I love that red. If you feel it's a bit too harsh you can just use it for night look with a bit of black liner and day look with neutral e/s.

Hot momma!!! Wow, you look great in red lips, they remind me of a pin-up girl type-of-lips. Kissable!

I love that red on you, it's perfect for your complexion! I'm jealous, since I'm still looking for the perfect red for me. Everybody keeps recommending deeper burgundy colors, but...I think it looks boring. I want something vibrant, like you're wearing!

I voted "I´m not sure" cause I love the shade of red on you (it´s perfect for your complexion, hair and eye color etc) but I don´t like the matte finish. I think that´s what makes it a bit harsh. Maybe just a bit of clear gloss on top?

Oh and I like black liner with red lips. I am wondering if I would look good in red lips but I don´t like to draw attention to my mouth since I think my teeth are not white enough.

I love it, but I agree with Andi, I'd put a clear gloss over it. The color is really pretty on you, though!!! I'm so glad red lips are in this season!!
smile.gif

thanks, all, for your opinions!

Originally Posted by Xexuxa /img/forum/go_quote.gif Well, the only rose red I can think of off hand is Russian red by MAC. You would look good in Ruby Woo too, which is more blue red thanks for the recs!

Originally Posted by mehrunissa /img/forum/go_quote.gif I love that red on you, it's perfect for your complexion! I'm jealous, since I'm still looking for the perfect red for me. Everybody keeps recommending deeper burgundy colors, but...I think it looks boring. I want something vibrant, like you're wearing! try cruella! my coworkers and i all wore this one day and we're all different shades and it looked so nice on EVERYONE!

Originally Posted by Andi /img/forum/go_quote.gif I voted "I´m not sure" cause I love the shade of red on you (it´s perfect for your complexion, hair and eye color etc) but I don´t like the matte finish. I think that´s what makes it a bit harsh. Maybe just a bit of clear gloss on top?
Oh and I like black liner with red lips. I am wondering if I would look good in red lips but I don´t like to draw attention to my mouth since I think my teeth are not white enough.

Originally Posted by shootergirlnc /img/forum/go_quote.gif I love it, but I agree with Andi, I'd put a clear gloss over it. The color is really pretty on you, though!!! I'm so glad red lips are in this season!!
smile.gif
i have braces, but i don't care about drawing attention to my mouth. i don't see it brings much, anyway. oh, and i liked the matte part about it! i always wear glossy, so i wanted something different.

Rock on, girl!!!! I think it looks great! Plus, that pic is really close, so I bet it looks less bright if we are looking at the "whole you". You can definitely pull it off!
smile.gif

I think it looks nice. I like the color. I think with black eyeliner, this would be an amazing look on you.
smile.gif

To be honest: I don't like it too much, but I think only a few women really look great with red lips. Perhaps it would look better with a non matte finish!

I look like a clown with red lips!
smile.gif

I like it. Red lips look really nice on you, however I also think it would look even better with some lip gloss
smile.gif

Back