How much makeup do you take with you for vacations?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I usually overpack and don't use half of it. Now I try to take neutral colors that go with everything.

not much. last time i just took my BE foundation, dream matte mouse blush and one of those maybelline stylist eyeshadows!

It depends on what I am wearing, where am I going, and what will we do there... For my family reunion I only took EDM foundation, some of my necessary brushes, Tan pigment (i use it for cheeks and eyes), neutral glosses, and a neutral but more smokey quad, black and brown liner, mascara, lash curler, and my basic skincare stuff.

Well my whole look is basically based on eyeliner. There isnt a day that I dont have it on and Im sure that even my soul has eyeliner lol. So I take about 3 types of eyeliner, tinted moisturizer, a light pink blush, concealer, neutral eyeshadows, lip balm (clear and color), 1-2 lip sticks, and of course mascara. It doesnt really matter where Im going cause I just step it up a notch in the eyeliner department. I make some crazy designs so...
tongue.gif

I've usually taken a bit too much but have learned that I don't need so much. Just the basic stuff I use every day (concealer, foundation, eyebrow pencil, mascara, lipbalm/gloss) and maybe a few e/s, enough for one eyelook. When I went to Bulgaria this summer I hardly wore any makeup during the day because it was sooo hot, but sometimes in the evening I put on concealer and mascara

now that you can't take MU on the plane a bare minimum...3 pigment sample jars, 1-2 eye pencils, a mascara, face powder, a bronzer and 1-2 blushes.

Honestly, I used to take everything... Just in case... I'm too indecisive!

i take everything, anytime i go anywhere.... because i would be soo mad if i left soemthing and needed it. i mean i dont have alot, so its not a big deal!

depends where i am going, we are headed to Cyprus for xmas and we will be eating out a lot of evenings so i will probably take quite a bit with me, plus it won't be really hot, however when we go to disneyworld I hardly take anything because during the day it is too hot to wear any and it's such a casual holiday it doesn'tr matter. I might wear a bit of lipgloss and mascara on the night time and maybe a wash of e/s but thats it.

I'm definitely an overpacker and I take all my BE foundation and blushes, all my shadows, a couple of my favorite liners, 1 mascara, my brushes, and every concealer I own.....'cause ya never know when your face is gonna spaz out on you.

Originally Posted by Aquilah /img/forum/go_quote.gif Honestly, I used to take everything... Just in case... me to!

Originally Posted by MACGoddess /img/forum/go_quote.gif It depends on what I am wearing, where am I going, and what will we do there... Ditto! I do have the tendency to over pack, though.

Originally Posted by Cool Kitten /img/forum/go_quote.gif now that you can't take MU on the plane a bare minimum... I think I will be keeping it minimum due to that now, too. But if it's a road trip then it's all coming with me!

Yeah I know what you mean!! I have the same problem!

I have just returned from travelling the states and it was like leaving half my family behind! (sad I know!) Ha ha ha!

Im glad I never took it all though because half of it went everywhere in my make up bag! loads of my mac pigments!

My bigest problem is eye shadows!

Your idea of neutrals sounds like a fab idea though!

depends how long i'm going. if i'm going for more than a week, i'll probably bring more than half of my stash since my collection isnt that big anyway.

Depends how long my vacation is..

I bought an e/s pallet with 48 colors (flat, and only about a penny size in diameter per e/s so it's easy to put in the bottom of the suitcase)I use this for nights out, and for a little bit of colour...

for the rest I bring:

*1 foundation

*2-3 lipsticks/glosses

*1 blackmascara

*1 black eyeliner

*1 shiney golden eyegloss just incase i need to look awake while touring after partying the night away... lol

This might sound really bad but I bring only ONE e/s application brush.. do my foundation with my fingers.. I leave the concealer and all the rest of my makeup colors, blushes and brushes, tools, etc. at home...

If i happen to need anything in particular like shimmer dust, i'll buy it on my Vaca...

If i need blush, i'll use an e/s
tongue.gif

oh yeah, i bring a little mirror and tweezers too
tongue.gif

Latest posts

Back