How to make a scab heal faster?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
ok, here's a silly question. I just popped a pimple yesterday (sssshh...dont' tell anyone, i know i know...i'm not supposed to) and now it's left me this scab on my face
sleepyhead.gif
...I know it usually takes a while for the scab to just heal and peel off...but is there a way to make it peel off faster? I'm guessing no, but I guess a girl can hope **sigh**

John's dad swears by using pure Vitamin E on wounds... John said it does actually help them heal faster too... Maybe possibly hydrocortisone cream? Definitely leaving it alone
wink.gif

just dab it wirh a little alcohol to keep it clean and some hydrocortozone..cant think of anything else...

Originally Posted by korina981 /img/forum/go_quote.gif Neosporin (the cream one) yup, ITA..works miracles! I have some on right now
wink.gif

thanks, girls! i have some neosporin at home too so maybe will give that a try...you know what i noticed though...after i washed my face, the skin around the scab kinda dried up and starting shriveling ...and i can see that the skin around it is starting to flake...i think i'm gonna leave it alone for now and see if it starts peeling on it own....if not, i'm gonna try the neosporin! thanks again!!
smile.gif

Emu and jojoba oils usually work miracles in the healing process - as does tea tree oil.

woohoo, it came off! it started peeling around the edges so i did the deed and peeled that sucker off! looks a little red so i put some neosporin on it! hey, it sure looks better than an ugly brown scab....
yess.gif

Originally Posted by makeupchicky /img/forum/go_quote.gif woohoo, it came off! it started peeling around the edges so i did the deed and peeled that sucker off! looks a little red so i put some neosporin on it! hey, it sure looks better than an ugly brown scab....
yess.gif
thx for the update, i use Neosporin too and it never fails

Originally Posted by kam_621 /img/forum/go_quote.gif Ditto! Neosporin! absolutely the best
all natural - aloe vera

I always use neosporin when I pop a pimple. I put it on right before bed. I use the clear one though, not the cream.

Im glad to see its worked for you!

Originally Posted by Aquilah /img/forum/go_quote.gif John's dad swears by using pure Vitamin E on wounds... John said it does actually help them heal faster too... Maybe possibly hydrocortisone cream? Definitely leaving it alone
wink.gif
I think the reason why the Vitamin E oil works is because it keeps the area moist.

I used to have tons of acne scars. I always used lemon juice. I swear scars that used to last months dissapeared in a few days. Its cheap, natural, and it works.

Latest posts

Back