Pur luxe ERASER

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I've just ordered it, to swap in with Smashbox primer (which I love btw) - comments anyone?

I haven't received it yet - any advice on how best to apply and how (brush or sponge)?

MB
cowboy.gif

i love it. use your fingers and you only need a tiny bit. i havent tried it with make up thouhg i use it on bare skin

I've been researching primers for the past few days. I am checking the reviews and previous threads. I noticed the Pure Luxe eraser and am thinking of trying it. I currently use MAC's prep & prime which I like but think there may be something better.

I will probably order this soon. Which eraser did you get...the cream or the powder? I am leaning toward ordering the cream as I use mineral makeup and don't want to add more "powder" to my routine.

Also, what type of skin do you have? My skin is acne prone/sensitive and I hope it works for that.

Originally Posted by maryfitz24 /img/forum/go_quote.gif I've been researching primers for the past few days. I am checking the reviews and previous threads. I noticed the Pure Luxe eraser and am thinking of trying it. I currently use MAC's prep & prime which I like but think there may be something better.
I will probably order this soon. Which eraser did you get...the cream or the powder? I am leaning toward ordering the cream as I use mineral makeup and don't want to add more "powder" to my routine.

Also, what type of skin do you have? My skin is acne prone/sensitive and I hope it works for that.

im assuming its a cream. its texture is like...have you ever had yoplay whips yogurt? thats what its like. ive never thought of using it as a primer but going to try it now ive just been using it on days when i dont feel like wearing make up. tommrow ill try it

what does it do to your face by itself???what does it make your face look like???

I want to try this as a primer too!!

Originally Posted by dentaldee /img/forum/go_quote.gif what does it do to your face by itself???what does it make your face look like???I want to try this as a primer too!!

it perfects the texture of your skin. it doesnt cover up red marks but it makes you look amazing

I got it yesterday and used it today. It did a pretty goof job actually. I still prefer smashbox's though, since by the end of the day my MU is still perfect. With the eraser, in the end of the day my foundation was starting to crease a bit, nothing horrible, but not as nice as smashbox's primer. It is pretty good though and a nice cheaper alternative!

Originally Posted by bejb1011 /img/forum/go_quote.gif im assuming its a cream. its texture is like...have you ever had yoplay whips yogurt? thats what its like. ive never thought of using it as a primer but going to try it now ive just been using it on days when i dont feel like wearing make up. tommrow ill try it It's not really a cream. It is difficult to describe the texture. Imagine something between a gel and a cream!

I have oily/combination skin and I LOVE THIS PRODUCT. I will not switch to any primer, I am so satisfied. I use the cream eraser and it really does make my pores look smaller and evens my skin tone and controls the oilies, and I was marveling at my skin yesterday at 5 pm, it still looks perfect and MMU's still intact! I just ordered my 2nd 10g jar (now in airtight containers to prevent drying up), I'm halfway done with my first one so I need a backup!

Ooh, nice to hear some opinions on this... I'm definitely going to try it now. Thanks to everybody who gave their review
smile.gif
I've never used any kind of primer before, so we'll see how I like this one...

I can't wait to try it...I have sensitive skin and as someone else said, don't want to add more messy powder to my routine - so this is interesting!! Its an amazing price too!

MB

I used it again today. Yesterday was a long day of work for me (15h) so when I went home my foundation was still on my face but not perfect. Today was a regular 10h work day so when i arrived my foundation was still looking pretty good. I like this primer. i still like smashbox's better, but eraser is pretty darn good.
smile.gif

Guys, Eraser powder + 'cream' arrived yesterday. I have yet to try them, however I ordered the powder in a light + medium and the medium is SO dark looking!! I haven'ed opened it to use it, as I think I'm going to mail them to see if I can return it....it looks positively BROWN!!

MB

try it still. mines super brown and it dissapears into my beyond white skin

Really?? Man...it looks beyond brown. I'll have a go then!

I used eraser (gel) today + I mixed in some of the eraser (light) powder with my slightly too dark EDM medium beige (suntan disappearing by the minute!!).

NOT A SIGN of any oily patches and its been about 5 hours. This is quite amazing.....

MB

I love my Smashbox .. but this sounds so great ... i might have to order this .. instead of getting another smashbox for backup

Latest posts

Back