Women proposing marriage to men

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Uhm..Its okay I guess..I think it should be done only when you are positively sure he is going to say yes..If not you just look rather desperate.

Yeah, I think it's OK as long as she's confident enough to say it.

I personally woulden't do it. I don't even want to get married ever! Well Anthony and James would be the exception. BUt I think its great that women are going for it. I mean, we go on and on about how men have all this dominance.

I wouldn't do it and I don't think it happens too often for one big reason: if the woman wants to get married, she will drop SOOO many hints that if he feels the same about her he'll ask.

BUT I think it's okay, no big deal. Why not?

I'm so for it. Why wait around for the man to come to his senses, when you can do that, and the guy would take it as a compliment aswell. I really think that instead if you feel ready, and you bot have talked about being a martimony, then there is absoluty nothing wrong with the women taking the first step. People talk about being in the 21century, but a whole of women don't seem to be acting like it at all. They always wait for the man to come around, it's enpowering that a woman would take such a bold first step. If the man wants to propose, and if somehow he would feel like a lesser of a man, then tell him to do that. Women should take more of a stand, get what they want...

I think its ok AND I kinda indirectly proposed . But it was kinda obvious we were marrying each other anyway so it didnt matter who asked ! lol

i agree it would have to depend on the situation i personely wouldnt either i feel most men know if you want to get married and when there ready they will propose

I see nothing wrong with anyone else doing it. I just wouldnt. Being proposed to , forme, is part of the fun. Its somthing I look forward to.

I think my boyfriend would actually be pretty sad if I proposed. Not because he'd say no, but he seems like the sort of guy who'd get really into proposing himself. I think some traditions are nice.

Originally Posted by pieced /img/forum/go_quote.gif I'm so for it. Why wait around for the man to come to his senses, when you can do that, and the guy would take it as a compliment aswell. I really think that instead if you feel ready, and you bot have talked about being a martimony, then there is absoluty nothing wrong with the women taking the first step. People talk about being in the 21century, but a whole of women don't seem to be acting like it at all. They always wait for the man to come around, it's enpowering that a woman would take such a bold first step. If the man wants to propose, and if somehow he would feel like a lesser of a man, then tell him to do that. Women should take more of a stand, get what they want...
iagree.gif

Originally Posted by Aquilah /img/forum/go_quote.gif I did it... Don't make me no matter who proposes to who LOL! That's awesome Aquilah! John was the smart & lucky cookie to accept! hehe
love5.gif

I don't think it matters who ends up proposing to whom.

I was proposed to, and I guess girls like that more since it's seen as more romantic?

But anyways, as long as you end up being with the one you love, it shouldn't matter.

I guess it depends on the situation, if the guy were so shy, may be, but if he's not, then something is going on and he doesn't want to. I'd never do it
biggrin.gif
Well, never did it.

I don't think there's anything wrong with it, as long as it's right for the couple -- if the girl is confident enough to ask, and the guy is not so traditional that he doesn't mind not asking himself, then why not? But I wouldn't do it if you think the guy is pretty traditional and wants to ask himself!

Why not? There is absolutly nothing wrong with a woman asking a man to marry her. I know I would not mind.

Originally Posted by Saja /img/forum/go_quote.gif I see nothing wrong with anyone else doing it. I just wouldnt. Being proposed to , forme, is part of the fun. Its somthing I look forward to. I agree

Latest posts

Back