How to grow hair faster?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
at the beggining of summer i got my haircut really short and now i want it long!!!! i havent cut it since then, but my hair grows sooo incredibly S L O W

is there anything i can do to make it grow fast and strong?

Lay off of all heat styling tools and no bleaching hair! I heard pre-natal vitamins work too
smile.gif

Pre-natal vitamins might work. They did for me, but I was also pregnant when I was taking them. Definitely try your hardest to not use any styling tools. Also, getting a trim (even if it's only snipping the ends) every 6-8 weeks helps too. My stylist told me to brush my hair instead of combing it, as brushing your hair helps stimulate the roots to promote growth.

I don't believe there is really a way to increase the speed of your natural hair growth, but avoiding hairdryers, curling irons, flat irons, ect. will help keep your hair from split ends. I also don't reccomend dying it.

has anyone seen or tried the Hair Formula 37, is says it makes hair grow faster and stronger. is this for real or a joke? in the testimonies it said that a lady took it and her hair grew 5 in in 3 months!!!

the biggest thing is keeping the hair healthy so it looks good in escence looking longer. Trimming like they said is key and prenatal vitamins help because they have the vitamins the hair needs, omega 3's and protein are also needed to make hair healthy.

Biotin is said to help increase the growth rate of hair. This may be an unpopular opinion, but you should not trim that often if you are trying to grow your hair out. Making sure to keep your ends healthy and moisturized will help keep trimming to a minimal and you will see more length that way.

I don't think prenatal vitamins work. I do know that pregnant women's hair usually grows really fast even without the vitamins.

I've heard biotin works. I keep meaning to try it but I never got around to it.

Ok, so most people don't know this but your hair has different stages of growth throughout the year. Some hair may be in growth (anagen), some hair may be in regressive (catagen) phase where it stops growing and some hair may be in the resting/shedding phase (telogen). This is why sometimes only some of your hair sheds and why you need regular haircuts to keep the syle since your whole head isn't in the same phase. Other factors that influence hair growth are getting regular trims (make sure you tell your stylist you are growing it long). Heat and hair products with alcohol in it are bad news for your hair so avoid if possible. Wash hair every OTHER day rather than everyday so the oils can nourish your hair and add to growth and take daily vitamins. Eating properly and getting enough nutrients is very important to hair health. Hope this helps!

GNC: Hair Skin Nails suppliments plus GNC BIOTIN suppliments.

These really sped the growth of my hair (esp the GNC: Hair Skin Nails) . Also, STRESS plays a huge factor in hair loss/growth. So try not to stress. I know people say this alot but trust me- it's true!!

brushin the hair is not good!!u should massage ur head every once in a while.thats why they say brush it a lot but that will also break a lot of new growth if u brush often(the baby hairs)

have a healthy meal....indeed biotin n msn is good for the hair.so a multivit will do. if u do use biotin or msm they can make u breakout so u really need to drink lots of water.

excercise..this is good for the blood circulation.

protect ur ends. stop usin heat.this breaks ur hair after a while.

if u wash ur hair wash it with a good moisturising conditioner.

good luck.

by the way i know this cus im a member of a hair board n got a lot of good tips to grow the hair.

good luck

my hair's been growing really fast since i got my last trim..... i've started using a heat protectant lotion whenever i blow dry/flat iron (lol i should've been using this a looooong time ago) getting regular trims (barely any taken off) and i massage my scalp when i shampoo/cond...i also have cut back on shampooing every day to every 2-3 days. I've heard mixed reviews about biotin but vitamins are always good for you anyway so i'd suggest taking the pre-natals or one of those har/skin/nail supplements

Originally Posted by Dubsbelle /img/forum/go_quote.gif GNC: Hair Skin Nails suppliments plus GNC BIOTIN suppliments.
These really sped the growth of my hair (esp the GNC: Hair Skin Nails) . Also, STRESS plays a huge factor in hair loss/growth. So try not to stress. I know people say this alot but trust me- it's true!!

Is this a safe suppliment, im 15 and my mom and me looked at the bottle of a different skin hair and nail supplement and it said "warning do not take if under 18" so my mom wouldnt let me get it! my hair like barley grows and i want it to grow faster. Is there any warning things on this suppliment from GNC?

They say, to not use heat, on you're hair, when trying to grow it. And also, get your hair trimmed every two weeks or so.

Latest posts

Back