Having an allergic reaction to M.A.C.

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I went to the MAC counter tonight because they were having free beauty makeovers. Well, my eyes are puffy, swollen, red, and they won't stop tearing up and burning! I don't know if it was the eyeshadow, liner or mascara but she was laughing at me, saying she thought I was crying because my eyes were tearing up so bad. She then redid my makeup because it totally got messed up. What a bad, bad night...I still bought the studio fix foundation.
10.gif

lol how cute, even though I get pimples with their foundations, I wear them once in a while
biggrin.gif

If she used a fluidline on the waterline, that's probably it. It's odd that the MA would laugh though.

Anyway, I had a bad reaction to the studio fix fluid. It took me 2 weeks almost to get my skin back to normal.

I think she was trying to be nice...she probably thought it would go away in a sec..she was blowing in my face trying to cool my eyes down! I am not sure what she used but it was real thick and wet looking and she used a brush to put the liner on. She has it wrote down on a piece of paper as half- red liner. I am not sure on the mascara.

Originally Posted by SimplyElegant /img/forum/go_quote.gif If she used a fluidline on the waterline, that's probably it. It's odd that the MA would laugh though. I agree. What products did she use?

She has it wrote down as half red-liner but like I said in my previous post, it was thick and wet looking. She dipped some of it out and put it on a pan and used a brush to put it on my eyes. My eyes are so irritated right now...

Weird... Was it a red colored product? Sometimes red isn't a safe eye color.

i'm sorry that happened
frown.gif
i hope you find what the culprit is so you won't use it again!

I dont know what was used but if its bad tomorrow, I would call the counter up that you got your make up done at to try and see what was used, or tonight if its still open. also MA's shouldnt be blowing in your face or lining your water line.. nothing from mac is waterline safe.

I'm sorri u had a bad experience .. hope u get it all figured out and find out what was causing it .. a lot of ppl have allergic reaction to MAC ... keep us updated
wink.gif

I had the same type of reaction about 10 years ago and have not been able to wear MAC since. I went to the doctor and he told me I had contact dermatitis. Yuck! Don't know what is in it , but I can't wear it even though I love it!

If that had been me, and she started laughing and blowing in my face, I would have punched her. That just seems so unprofessional. If something was bothering your eyes, she should have taken all of your eye makeup off, and try to figure out what was causing the problem. I hope your eyes feel better!!
flowers.gif

If she used fluidline, especially on your waterline, then that is probably what caused the problem. I posted a thread about a week ago on here about my bad experience with a fluidline on my waterline. I'm better now, but I had the same symptoms you are describing.

Originally Posted by bebs /img/forum/go_quote.gif I dont know what was used but if its bad tomorrow, I would call the counter up that you got your make up done at to try and see what was used, or tonight if its still open. also MA's shouldnt be blowing in your face or lining your water line.. nothing from mac is waterline safe. Actually, the Technakohls are waterline approved.
I'm sorry to hear that happened! She definitely should've tried to help figure out what product(s) you're allergic to! I hope you're better soon!

what do you girls mean when you say fluidline on my waterline? No, it was not a red color, it was black. It almost reminded of a gel substance. This morning my eyes feel a little better, they are just puffy and a little scratchy. Thanks everyone for your concerns!
1f.gif

There is always someone that may be allergic to an ingredient in our products...it doesn't happen often but it can happen just as with anything else.

That sucks though that your eyes are so irritated!! When did it start? Was it from start to finish of your eyes? BC I have the tendency to get irritated and tear when someone ELSE is doing my makeup but I never do when I am doing my makeup...but if you are still tearing up maybe it isn't that...

Did she put the Fluidline (which is the gel liner she used on you) above your lower lashes? In that pink area? (We are NOT allowed to bc Fluidlines have not been tested for the waterline yet, so she should not have done it if she did)

She had put my eyeshadow on my eyes and left me for a little while to tend to another customer. When she came back, she started to put my eyeliner on. She did put the eyeliner on top and bottom. She then put more eyeshadown on the bottom part of my eye and into the corner. Then she put the mascara on. It started to burn halfway thru the mascara so I am not really sure what it was. I know it was something in the makeup because I was there Wednesday night and they did my eyes and I had no problems.

Back