Self Tanner Or Not???

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
what`s better? what do you think, prefer,...

does it better if you look tanned or do ypu prefer being white, pale?

i mean i am not sure.

and what good products do you use?

laughing.gif

I just said screw it. They are nice, but to me they are alot of upkeep. It never failed when it needed to be touched up, I was always in a hurry and couldn't take the time,then I started looking blotchey..so I just gave up. Now I use tinted lotion and it is easier.

I hate self tanners because they stink and I agree that they are alot of upkeep. I am not as obsessive with the tanning beds as I used to be, thankfully, but I do like some color so I use a tinted moisturizer called Daily Replenish by Body Drench for in between sessions. I don't use it daily b/c I prefer my other lotions and body butters but when I do need some color, it's pretty instant and natural looking.

I think they work pretty well. I used to go to the tanning beds all the time, but I know how bad that is for your skin. I like L'Oreal Sublime Bronze gel in dark. It takes some practice, but it helps if you keep washing your hands during application (some companies say to use gloves, but I feel that wouldn't work very well), and then do your hands last with a cotton ball.

I'm super pale and tried using self tanner, but...like the others have said...it was too smelly and too much upkeep.

So I gave up on it. I now only use self tanner if I'm going to a special event or if I'm going to be wearing a short skirt and showing off my glowing white legs. lol.

I love certain self tanners. I prefer Famous Dave's its the best IMO. Some self tanners stink and make you look orange too.

I really havent got the time for selftanners.. I've just stuck too being white! and I mean white lol x

yes i hate it when it looks orange.

hmm and does any one go to sun studios??

not really healthy anyway. better to use a self tan

I just tried the self tanner from clinique, for the face. My face always gets pale during winter time, while my body stays tan. grrrr, so i tried this over night, its supposed to work within 3 hours, and last 3 days. I like what it did, the tan is just natural. just little and not too much.

My fiance flipped though when I told him what i used. He is so against fake stuff like that... not that it is fake, i just get white in the winter, and there is no sun in iceland during winter....

I NEED my self tanner. Year round!!!

for a nice tan overnight I use L´Oreal Sublime Bronze Gel for Face and Body (I only use it on face, neck and cleavage), I have perfected the application over a long time so my face always turns out perfectly tan!

and for the body I use the Dove gradual tan (sunshine lotion or whatever it´s called). It´s nice cause you don´t have to worry about streaks or splotches where you have dry patches (knees, elbows etc). And OMG it actually smells nice!!!!!

I'm much like you StereoXGirl, only special occasions, but rest of the time, I'm happy going for that pale look as it's a bit of a a difference in Australia to have fair skin. At most I'll use is a bit of bronzer on decollete and to shape my face a little bit.

I prefer a beautiful natural paleness above a fake painted on color... I just don't like it. It smells bad, it looks weird, and why would you want to look orange if you can have a natural look?

I think on everyone natural skin looks best... bad examples are Paris Hilton in her orange phase and Michael Jackson when looking for more extreme examples :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I'm really pale. I don't like looking tan but I don't like looking albino either. So I use a tinted moisturizer so I get a glow but I don't neccesarily look darker.

im not pale, but i use self tanner (estee lauder year round).

makes it better than giving yourself cancer.

I am super pale, and I definitely wouldn't mind being a few shades darker just so I could have more than one brand of mu that's pale enough for me
wink.gif

But I've never wanted to bother with the upkeep of self tanners. Since I'm so pale, I would have to apply it *everywhere* to look natural -- if I just did my face, then my neck would be too pale, and if I did my neck then I'd have to do my chest and arms, when I'm wearing a bikini I'd have to do my stomach and legs, etc.... Too much hassle for me! Being tan would be nice but isn't that important to me -- sometimes I think it's fun to be the whitest person on the beach, at least I don't look like everyone else! lol
smile.gif

I'm a pale girl too and since I don't have time to keep the tan maintained, I just do it for special events. I've used all kinds of products and some stink to high heaven! But there are a few out there that smell nice. I haven't tried any of the tinted moisturizers. Any good recommendations?

I like it, even if you are not looking for a tan, if you apply just a little every once an awhile it seems to give people a little bit of a glow!

I will VERY rarely use anything in a bottle to give me color. It seems like everything smells bad to me no matter what it is so I've pretty much given up.

i use the extact same 2 self tanner too, i like Dove for the no smell and no streaks .. and L'oreal works well and fast

Originally Posted by Andi /img/forum/go_quote.gif I NEED my self tanner. Year round!!!
for a nice tan overnight I use L´Oreal Sublime Bronze Gel for Face and Body (I only use it on face, neck and cleavage), I have perfected the application over a long time so my face always turns out perfectly tan!

and for the body I use the Dove gradual tan (sunshine lotion or whatever it´s called). It´s nice cause you don´t have to worry about streaks or splotches where you have dry patches (knees, elbows etc). And OMG it actually smells nice!!!!!

Back