Oil Cleansing Method

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I don't remember who suggested it, but it was in the vaseline anti-aging post, and let me tell you it is amazing!! I didn't think oil was good for your skin but man my makeup just slides right off!! And in the morning my face wasn't very oily. Thank you to those who suggested it!!

I still haven't tried it yet... I'll need to get Vaseline first LOL!

i want to try it, but the idea still makes me nervous.

know anywhere where i can get a sample of the stuff.

I don't used a homemade oil cleanser/or do the OCM instructions fully, but I use M.A.C Cleasning Oil of a night time and it's fantastic stuff!!! Oil Cleasners are great in my opinion! I want to get the Dermalogica Oil Cleansner as well!

Originally Posted by Retro-Violet /img/forum/go_quote.gif i want to try it, but the idea still makes me nervous.know anywhere where i can get a sample of the stuff.

I made my cleansing oil myself with castor oil , extra virgin olive oil and almond oil.

Yes, oil is perfect for makeup remover, but I don't use home made oil one.

i mix jojoba, grapeseed and olive oil. love it. highly recomended. great for taking eye make up off too

Originally Posted by katrosier /img/forum/go_quote.gif I made my cleansing oil myself with castor oil , extra virgin olive oil and almond oil. Made my own too. I mixed Olive oil(sweet oil), castor oil, sweet almond oil and tea trea oil, grape seed oil, jojoba oil, texas cedar wood and sandal wood (in jojoba oil).

I am glad someone makde a post on this since I have been so interested in trying this, but have no idea where to begin! I have read up online about the various oils, etc, but I feel overwhelmed. I went and bought castor oil, almond oil, and jojoba oil, and have no idea how I know what the proper mix is for my skin. I know the almond oil is great for taking off eye makeup, but other than that....I am confused!

I have pretty dry skin, but prone to break outs on my chin due to some medical issues. So not sure what would be best. Can anyone help? Thanks!

I just had my parents get me some extra virgin olive oil and castor oil at the store. I'm going to try it out tonight.

Originally Posted by mach1grrl /img/forum/go_quote.gif I am glad someone makde a post on this since I have been so interested in trying this, but have no idea where to begin! I have read up online about the various oils, etc, but I feel overwhelmed. I went and bought castor oil, almond oil, and jojoba oil, and have no idea how I know what the proper mix is for my skin. I know the almond oil is great for taking off eye makeup, but other than that....I am confused!
I have pretty dry skin, but prone to break outs on my chin due to some medical issues. So not sure what would be best. Can anyone help? Thanks!

Hi - I think the recommended 'standard' ratio is 50:50. But you can alter the ratio and add more olive oil for dryer skins, or more castor oil for oilier skins, or skins that need deeper cleansing of pores etc.
I also add essential oils, since the method includes a steaming of the face, its a good time way to get EO to penetrate. I was using patchouli and lavender, and am now trying rose and neroli - it smeels divine!

Originally Posted by mowgli /img/forum/go_quote.gif Hi - I think the recommended 'standard' ratio is 50:50. But you can alter the ratio and add more olive oil for dryer skins, or more castor oil for oilier skins, or skins that need deeper cleansing of pores etc.
I also add essential oils, since the method includes a steaming of the face, its a good time way to get EO to penetrate. I was using patchouli and lavender, and am now trying rose and neroli - it smeels divine!

Thanks for the info! So would you know what would be best for me to mix with castor oil....almond or jojoba?

The Dermalogica Precleanse oil is very good, but it takes a bit of getting used to! I have oily skin, and it certainly hasn't made it any worse (which I thought it might at first). The theory is that like dissolves like, so if you have oily skin you'll be better able to remove the oil with an oil based product.

Hope this helps!

I mixed 50% castor oil with 50% olive (sweet oil) I think I might add more olive so it's like 75/25 because I have combo/dry skin and the 50/50 mix is a little thick for my liking! I'm loving it so far though!!

Originally Posted by Retro-Violet /img/forum/go_quote.gif i want to try it, but the idea still makes me nervous. i feel the same way!!!
but maybe ove rteh holiday weekend of thanksgiving i will try...
sheep.gif

Right now I am just using plain extra virgin olive oil, it seems to be doing wonders for my skin. As soon as I get more money as I am broke, I am going to try jojoba oil and grapeseed oil.

Back