Noisy Heels

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I HATE when my heels make noise. Most of my shoes have the pointy/stilleto heel and they make that annoying tap tap sound when I walk which drives me nuts. Does anyone know if there's such a thing as "re-heeling". Like if I bring the shoes to a cobbler can they replace heels with rubber bottoms?

I hate the noise too, specially when I go down the stairs, I try to tip toe and I look funny.

all my shoes and boots are noisey and everyone stares......I hate it!! maybe i'll try the cobbler too

lol. I have the same problem. Everyone calls them my "teacher" shoes (I'm studying to be a teacher).

Thanks everyone. I think i'm going to bring them to the shoe repair shop. I believe they can replace them with rubber heels.

I have the same problem and it seems to be only me at the office that makes that clicky noise! It's real embarrassing b/c it sounds like I can't walk in them or something!

Mine do that too and it's embarassing! When I'm walking through the corriders and they are echoing .. :S

I did not know you could do this! Wow you learn something new everytime on MUT! Is it expensive to get this done? I for one HATE clickity heels as well. Some shoes I don't even wear due to that problem! :scared:

Not at all just a couple of dollars! Is worth it! They just replace them with the rubber ones. I believe is about $7.00 to $10.00 bucks depending where you take them. I take mine to this old nice Italian man and I only pay $5.00 :laughing:

I like the clickety-click sound of high heels... For some reason I think it stems back to being a kid and loving the sound my mom's heels made... No clue, but I think I'm weird LMAO!

I never knew you could actually take your shoes somewhere and have them get a 'non-click' heel. I personally don't like the loud clicking sound when I wear high-heels, it makes me feel like I'm drawing too much attention with my noisy heels :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I know exactly how you feel!! The place where i work has hard wood floors & it's terrible!! Oh & at the mall EVERYONE stares! Lol, i just try & hold my head up high like "yeah that's my shoes"!!! lol

Okay, dropped them off at the shoe repair shop today. Only $7.50 a pair to replace the heel with rubber ends. Should be ready by tuesday. Ill let you know how they look.

I have this done all the time. Actually a man would come to my office (large downtown building) and pick up your shoes and bring them back the next day. I actually had a pair of totally re-soled. Totally worth it, think it was $40, maybe $30 plus tip. For a great pair of shoes I'd do anything.

When I lived in Italy it was common to have your shoes redone. They would even put on an entire new heel!!

Latest posts

Back