Acid reflux?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
my daughter starting throwing up about 2 times a day so i bought her to the doctor and was told she has acid reflux. 1st they told me to put cereal in her bottle and it will help, did that and it was stil happening so then they put her on medicine, still was happening so i finally just change her formula because i was using powder so i switch to ready to feed. so the throwing up stopped. but now she screams at night like shes really in pain. like last night she was up at 8pm and didnt stop screaming/sleep intil 9am. the only way she would stop crying was when i would sit her up but once i lay her down she starts crying again and this is only at night during the day shes fine and sleeps the whole day. so i have to bring her back to the doctor today. i just dont know what to do anymore!!! i feel so bad shes in so much pain and nothing is working. did anybodys kids have this when they were newborns? if so what did u do ? please help if u know any info. thanx!

Hi Jennifer, My ds had this when he was little. It was called colic. There wasn't much I could do to make him feel better. I do remember putting him in his carseat in the car and going driving. That helped tons. But, I know you can't always do that. With time, it went away. I know this doesn't really help you but just wanted you to know I've been there and it is really hard. Just hang in there. It will not always be this way. Jen

yeah i know what colic is and she doesnt have that. when i go to the doctor today and if i dont feel like shes really helping im just going to bring her to the emergency room because i cant have her in pain like that every night u know. thanx sweetie.

Aww, i'm so sorry, Jennifer! My brother had the same thing when he was a baby and my parents spent many sleepless nights with him but I do know that it was something he grew out of. There's GOT to be something natural that will help but i'm not aware of it at the moment. Lemme do some research and i'll get back to ya.

awww thanx lisa!!! let me know what u come up with! i did some research myself and i read this article one mother wrote and she said she gave her newborn maylanta but i dont trust that because they only make it for adults and childrens not infants, but i will try anything at this point so i hope the doc can give me SOMETHING!

From this... Acid Reflux Symptoms - Heartburn Symptoms - Natural Cure ..it says that most infants grow out of it by the time they are 1 year old. That's good news in a way but I know that's a long time to wait and she needs some relief now. Here's some natural ways to deal with infant acid reflux... INFANT'S ACID REFLUX - SAFE NATURAL CURES, More Than Home Remedies I immediately thought of aloe vera because I know how good it is for acid reflux and is so much better and safer than antacids....but wasn't sure if it was recommended for infants and how much/how often, etc. so I didn't want to mention w/o making sure. This article... Aloe Vera and Kids ...suggests only for over the age of 12 months. :frown: And this one... Benefits of Aloe Vera for You says... Q- Can children be given Aloe Vera Gel? Answer- Yes, in proportional amounts, e.g. adult amount over 12 years, half amount for 6-12 years and quarter adult amount for 2-5 years. Q- Can infants under the age of one be given Aloe Vera? Answer- As a matter of course I tend not to give Aloe Vera Gel to infants because they have an immature gut and are prone to colic. The Gel may exacerbate this, as it increases the transit time of the bowel contents. So I guess it's a no no. I would try the suggestions in the second link I gave. I sure hope you can find something to help soon! *HUGS*

thanx sweetie. that second article was very helpful i tried some of those things already i actually just changed her formula yesturday so hopefully it will work... im going to try them all and see what works. thanx so much! ur a doll!

If she's getting the reflux when you lay her down, you may want to invest in a baby wedge.

It will lift elevate her a bit to help prevent acid reflux.

Hope this helps!!!

oh wow i never seen this. thank you. i was thinking of putting the boppy pillow in the crib because she fits perfect in it and it helps her sit up a bit but not to much so i will try that if not i will def get this. thanx hun.

I agree with venusgoddess. Acid reflux is always worse for a baby when they lie

down after a bottle. It's the same sensation as heartburn for adults.

Cyera had acid reflux. So we thought. Ended up being her formula! We even had the upper GI and some other test where they inserted a tube in her. Poor thing! We had to give her Mylacon drops too. She got over it as soon as we changed her formula though, and it was a formula she'd be using since birth too!

awwww!!! i give her myacon drops to. what formula was she using and which one did u switch her to?

if you are really concern and she is in alot of pain maybe you could go get a second opinion i know acid reflux is anoying but i have never heard of someone sreaming because of it my son when he was a baby did the same as yours he would cry all day and night like he was in pain and there was times he would throw up his entire feeding the doctors said he had colic so i swich him to nutramagin(dont know if that is spell correctly) and it really help it's very exspensive though newborns digestive system is very sensitive and some times has trouble breaking down the lactose and the formula i gave him was already broken down only thing her poop might be a lil loose but he wasnt in as much pain gas pains will make you scream you could also try soymilk i would def change the formula to see if that helps..

first i had her on enfamil with iron and lipil now i switched her to nutramigen with lipil for the past 2 days and she's doing ALOT better.. so i agree the nutramigen is better. im also giving her mylicon drops which are also helping. thanx.

I had my son on Nutramigen formula and it helped tonz! It stinks like crazy though! I also gave him Mylacon drops too and liquid acidophillus! I ended up taking him to the ER in the middle of the night because he was in so much pain and they gave me a perscription (forgot the name) for something that would relax his stomach and intestines. It worked wonders! That night was the first night he slept all night long. Also, when she's gassy or bloated, hold her like a football across your fore arm and the slight pressure on her tummy will help a lot! Have you tried bathing her in the lavender scented bath? That helps relax them too!! Good luck, hun!

lol it does smell really bad!!! and yep i bath her in the johnson's and johnson's bedtime lavendar wash and it smells sooo good! i use the lotion for myslef lol

my sis had that i sould look into it. formula is expensive thats why i wanted to breastfeed but that didnt work. thanx for the info.

Yeah, I wanted to nurse too, but I couldn't because my son was in ICU for 2 weeks and got used to the bottle! I was so glad I could get Nutramigen with WIC because isn't in like $18 a can or something like that! I think normally you get the yellow can with WIC but you just have to bring a Dr. Rx and you'll be able to get it! Another cool thing, if you ever need it, is you can get Pediasure with a Rx from WIC too!!

Back