Always look bad in photos!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Does anyone ever get really excited bout gettin their photos developed and then when they see themself they just wan2 cry?? This happens to me all the time I rarely take a good photo and just look so ugly in them all! I hate it when you get all dressed up for a special event or a party or something and you think you look good and then you get back the photos and find out u just looked awful. Does this happen to anyone else or is it just me????

Oh I know what you mean! It always happens to me, I always get upset. I would be lucky if I ever got a decent pic out of 20! I'm not photogenic, maybe I just want to look like something I'm not, I don't know, I might have expectations, but its good that with a digital camera you can always delete and take some more pics, unlike those on a film. But yeah being on the large side my picture make me look even more bigger. must be a confidence thing. But oh well, as long as I can get some of my eotds on here I'm not that bothered.

yea my pics are not what I like to look at...never seem to come out very well...

yea, everytime i go to a big event or something and i dress up all nice (hair, Mu, clothes ..etc) I feel soo pretty and when the photos come back i look like sh1t. I look fat, face is too pale, weird smile ... etc ... lol

... the onli times my photos come out halfway decent is when i take the pics of myself .. .but even then, only 3 of the 100 photos i take look good .. :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I totally know what you mean! I've thought I've looked hot before (out at a club) and then saw a photo and I looked totally wrecked! My eyes always close in photos so I'm always looking drunk/stoned. We just have to remind ourselves that even models have to take a whole lot of shots to get that one good one that gets airbrushed and makes the cover. That helps me a little.

I think I probably only taken one good photo of my self. Mostly Im so anxious to look good that I dont realize Im pulling funny faces. And lets not even get into the " oh Im so hot" photos . Mine scream "oh Im so drunk and squinty eyed" :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I know what you mean!! I hate feeling like I've put alot of time and effort into my appearance, and then the pictures turn out horrible!! haha.

i know what you mean. especially taking a total front view pic of me, never works. my face becomes a circle, i try to do some for FOTD, but never mind. i just take a side shot. And too close ups, never good either.

Ohh yeah I totally understand you. I feel like that at times I just try to accept it but it sucks lol. While on the other hand someone would say I think you look fab. I would disagree. I am my worst critic. :laughing:

I hear ya! .. lately I cannot stand the pics i'm in... The pics I like of me are from a few years ago haha

most people are unhappy with photo's much of the time. it is hard to get a good picture when it is posed, and it is hard to get the most flattering candid. some advise take dozens of pictures that way there is a chance that there will be one you like.

Nope complete opposite for me. I love the way I look in photos always good which I hate because people always say your skin looks amazing and your great just because of my photos but I dont look near that good in person. I would rather look bad in photos and good in person.

I feel ya on this. I've developed this "hide behind everyone else" thing that I do.. It annoys the crap outta people! But I HATE the way I look. its like Ew!! DO I REALLY LOOK THAT BAD?

Yeah, it happens all the time, i'm not photogenic i guess, But i know a girl who looks almost better in photos than in reality.

I am not a photogenic person at all. I am definitely my worst critic, so that doesn't help. Everyone else will like the pictures, but I always hate them.

I totally understand. I always will think I look great, and then in pictures I look like total sh*t. I have a little "habit" of taking pictures of myself randomly - just because I wnat to look good in like one picture, but I never do. Maybe one out of like every 100 pictures will I like. I just don't get it. That's why I always wonder if I was a celebrity if they could MAKE me look good in pictures (what with lighting, etc.). I feel that I'm really not that ugly as I come out in pictures. I can't be. Because I don't look the same in pictures as I do in the mirror.

i always look drunk or stoned in photos that involve flash (which is like everything pretty much). it really really really sucks.

It used to happen to me... Well, without a digi, it still does... It definitely stinks!

Back