Best Method to control Oil

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hey everyone, i was wondering what are methods you use to control oil on your face?

For me, after i apply my foundation, i usually brush on Mac blot powder and it sets my face the rest of the day!!

My tried and true is MAC Blot powder & Oil Blotting sheets (Shiseido Pureness sheets)

Other products that I've tried that also seem to work at controlling oil are: Palladio Rice Powder and Estee Lauder - Clear Difference Advanced Oil-Control Hydrator For Oily Skin.

pressed powder and this clinique mattifier lotion.

ive been using it for a few years now, has worked wonders on making my tzone not so oily any more.

I swear by Estee Lauders oil control pressed powder. I apply it over my foundation with a large brush. Its great cause I'm an oil slick.

The oil cleansing method (Amen!), EDM balancing/finishing dust and EDM matte/intensive foundation

oil free concealer, oil control formula added to my foundation, blot, blot, blot!

I like Almay's pressed powder for oily skin and then I usually need to blot after 7 or 8 hours or so, depending on what I've done during the day.

What I've found works better is drinking tons of water.

ditto. I've onli started using OCM and Vaseline and have notice in realli nice difference in my shiny forehead :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

also, i use Clean and Clear blotting papers (maybe like once/twice during a day, if i have Mu on from 7am, til 10pm, i blot @ around noon and 5pm

Smashbox Photofinish Primer w/SPF

EDM finishing Dust

some other products that i use that i think helps:

Got to Be Pure Intent Clay Mask

QH Mint Julep Mask

Aspirin Mask

Try Shu UV underbase mousse SPF 17 primer.

I love it only in summer though, because my skin tends to get dry in winter.

Mineral Makeup - Oil At Bay, Milan Minerals

Traditional Makeup - Black Opal Oil Control Powder(generic MAC Blot)

blotting tissue

haha, I agree!!!

I still carry around oil blotting sheets (the film kind) during the day, but I definitely use less now. :rockwoot:

i do a simple trick from Elke von Freudenberg : the kleenex that absorbs oil before applying powder. i set then with mac blot powder.

I also would like to know who uses what cleansing oils and what exactly do you do with Vaseline?? I tried Bocia's cleansing oil, but all the botanicals make my face red (yuck!) I liked the effect (less grease on my face throughout the day) but redness - no-no! What products do you all recommend?

Lauren

Latest posts

Back