EDM users, I need help...

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi everyone! I just got my samples today and I have tried them already. Left side I used Medium Beige Summer Warm in Intesive and on the right side I used Medium Beige Warm in Semi-Matte. I like them both but the left side looked smoother but a little bit darker. I am afraid that it will look orangy after a few hours once oil starts to build up. I seem to have that problem with foundations.

I ordered the $6.00 buki brush... man, that thing shed like there's no tomorrow! The thing was all over my face. :scared:

I am getting ready to order my second set of samples but I am needing some input from you guys. So here's a few question to everyone that uses EDM....

1. For those of you who have combination skin, do you use Semi-Matte, Matte or Intensive and are there any real difference between the 3?

2. I am pacific Islander, my skin is naturally dark but face is lighter, which foundation would you reccommend? Can someone help me determine if I am warm or neutral tone? I think I am warm but there are some neutral colors that I think matches my skin color also... I am so confused! :frown:

3. Any suggestions as to which colors I should get next?

4. Fisnishing Dust or Balancing Dust? Which is better?

5. Do you think it's possible to get 4 foundation samples as oppose to 3 foundations and 1 blush?

I think this is it for now. Thanks in advance!!! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

1. For those of you who have combination skin, do you use Semi-Matte, Matte or Intensive and are there any real difference between the 3?

I use intensive just because the color matched me better; I didn't think it was much different than the matte.

2. I am pacific Islander, my skin is naturally dark but face is lighter, which foundation would you reccommend? Can someone help me determine if I am warm or neutral tone? I think I am warm but there are some neutral colors that I think matches my skin color also... I am so confused! :frown:

i would use a color to match your body skin tone. My face is lighter too because I wash it twice daily and my self tanner goes away quicker. LOL. So I use a foundation to match my neck and chest tone so it looks "normal". LOL

3. Any suggestions as to which colors I should get next?

Did you think medium beige summer matched? do you have yellow or neutral undertones?

4. Fisnishing Dust or Balancing Dust? Which is better?

I've never used the balancing dust...

5. Do you think it's possible to get 4 foundation samples as oppose to 3 foundations and 1 blush?

You would have to email them and ask them. :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I think this is it for now. Thanks in advance!!!

the intensive one didnt turn orange on me and it does look smoother. i warm toned and im chinese and vietnamese and i think most asians have yellow tones. if the color doesnt match u can order a neutral probably and try mixing it with your summer beige to see if its right. when i test my shade i da alil ontop of my chest..but i still didnt find a erfect match yet and ive been mxiing my products. as for finishing dust or balancing dust..i would recommend finishing dust because the balanacing one is whiter..when i use it it makes my face look white but i just love it. the finishing dust didnt nothing for me but break me out and it looked chalky on my face but thats just me.. everyone else here seems to like it and it doesnt make my face look much lighter.

you can also email them and ask thats what i did and they recommended a good shade for me.

ok i hope i helped!

1. If you're concerned about oil-build then I would go with matte or intensive, depending on how oily your skin gets.

2.Your skin tone sounds similar to mine. I used both the medium beige warm and medium beige summer warm in my original samples. The medium beige was a little too light, and med. beige summer made me nervous about looking orange-ish.Another one to consider, your skin might not be as yellow undertoned as mine since you're pacific islander, and I'm mixed asian, but they have a new shade called Olive Medium neutral which is great`for people who have medium skin with yellow-undertone. As far as determining whether you are warm, a good indicator is your jewelry. Does your skin have more yellow or brown tones. If yellow I'd say you're warm, if brown I'd lean toward neutral.

3. I personally prefer the balancing dust. There's not cornstarch, so it is better for your skin.

4. As for samples. E-mail them. A lot of these small companies are very flexible and eager to help you determine what is best for you. So it can't hurt to ask.

Good Luck!

Thanks for all your responses. I am currently wearing Medium Beige Warm in Semi-Matte and the color is just a little too light for me and also kinda looked pale.

I have looked at the Olive Medium but it kinda looks too dark. I am thinking of getting Medium Beige Neutral next...

I have Medium Beige Warm in Natural Glo, I haven't opened it yet and I don't think I will be trying that on since it's for dry(er) skin. I messed up when I was ordering. Does anyone want to do trade? I am looking for eye shadow. I want to try them. Thanks again everyone!

ps... It's really hard to determine if I am yellow, olive or brown. I look more brown I think. :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Let's see...I am currently using EDM but am awaiting samples from uglogirl minerals.

I had a hard time with EDM at first. I am a warm NC20. I am light w/slight yellow undertones. The EDM foundations in warm made me look pink. Someone suggested I try the neutral....and it's perfect. My match is light neutral intensive.

My skin is combo (sometimes combo/oily sometimes combo/dry). I've tried the matte, semi-matte and intensive. I like the look of the intensive best. I use the balancing dust first in my t-zone. So far, it has done a good job of keeping my oilies at bay. The finishing dust was ok. I prefer the balancing and only use it before my foundation. I don't put it on after.

Did you try emailing EDM? I've found them to be very helpful and respond quickly. I would tell them the problem you are having with the colors. They should be able to direct you as to which to try next.

Hope this helps. Good luck. I understand the struggle. I've tried 7 or 8 different minerals companies now. Of the ones I've tried, I like EDM best. But I am still awaiting samples of uglogirl....can't wait to get them!

MaryEllen

Great info everyone! I've never tried EDM, and I'm still debating on which colors to use (I lost the paper I had with suggestions from Thais).

Maybe you should try a sample of the 'Light Winged butter warm' which is very yellow. You can always mix it with a netural shade if you find a colour that matches but is the wrong undertone.

Judging by you tiny avatar pic...I would also try the 'medium olive netural' shade. Most of the shades look lighter on the skin than in the jar too.

Medium beige neutral will be way too light for you. I used a sample of it on a friend who is caucasian and blonde and it was a perfect match for her. She has fair skin. So I think it won't be a good match for ya.

Hahaha Unbelievable, Aquilah!!!! LOL

Why don't you try:

Olive medium neutral

Medium summer cool

Tan cool?

It is so difficult to tell just by looking at the website...

Thais, you are probably right about the color being too light on me.

Halzer, I think I will be ordering Olive Medium Neutral...

So right now, I think my next sample order will be...

1. Olive Medium Neutral Intensive

2. Light Winged Butter Warm Intensive

3. ? (still have no idea which 3rd color to select)

4. Balancing Dust (I like the idea of putting it on my T-Zone before Make-up)

I already have Medium Beige Warm in Semi-Matte and Medium Beige Summer Warm in Intensive.

From the pic in your avatr, I think light winged butter would be too light too.

Someone mentioned to get it... maybe mix it with my Medium Beige Summer Warm or the Olive Medium?

So many choices... I didn't think it was going to be this difficult. LoL. I really do appreciate your responses.

BTW, that pic looked dark but I am a little lighter than that. I should replace it... :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I prefer the matte foundation. The semi matte has me shiney in a few hours, the intensive...the color seems off on it to me and again, I'm shiney in a few hours. So far the matte has stayed the best on me and have had the best color match.

i use light wing butter warm..i think itll be too light for you since you say your dark skin. im chinese with light skin and yellow undertone .you know the normal chinese skin color =D. this shade is almost perfect but just a bit too yellow for me so i mix it with a lighter shade.

from lookin at your picture you seem to have yellow undertones but im not sure and since you can try 3 sample foundations i would say get a shade thats lighter then yours then a shade that you think is almost the same as your skin and the last get a darker shade (light, medium, dark). you can always play around with it and mix them to get the perfect shade. well thats what i do when i bought shades that doesnt match me.

I will answer the questions I can...

1. For those of you who have combination skin, do you use Semi-Matte, Matte or Intensive and are there any real difference between the 3? I have oily skin and tried the Matte formula, and it turned orange in only a few hours, even when I used blotting sheets! Since I am extremely pale, this was very noticeable. The Intensive turned slightly orange later in the day, but wasn't as bad as the Matte.

2. I am pacific Islander, my skin is naturally dark but face is lighter, which foundation would you reccommend? Can someone help me determine if I am warm or neutral tone? I think I am warm but there are some neutral colors that I think matches my skin color also... I am so confused! I can't tell if you are warm or neutral, but the best thing to do is to look at your makeup in both indoor light and in sunlight. I've tried several foundations that I thought looked good in my bathroom mirror, but looked like a totally different color in sunlight! The color that disappears on your skin and leaves no makeup line in both kinds of light will be the color you want!

4. Fisnishing Dust or Balancing Dust? Which is better? I only tried the Finishing Dust, they weren't making the Balancing Dust when I tried EDM. (I decided to quit using EDM because it turned orange and rubbed off super-easy -- it came off on my blotting sheets!) I personally thought the Finishing Dust was worthless -- it did nothing to keep my skin matte, or set my makeup and prevent rub-off.

5. Do you think it's possible to get 4 foundation samples as oppose to 3 foundations and 1 blush? I have no idea, you'd probably have to email them...

SBC....

I have just received a sample of the 'Olive medium neutral' and its not as dark as it looks on the website. (I ordered a sample to mix with my winged butter when I get a tan.)

Anyway I really reckon that the olive shade will be a great match for you..

I hope you have placed your order! :laughing:

Halzer, I have not ordered yet. I am still trying out the samples I got. Currently, I am mixing my Semi-Matte Medium Beige Warm and Intensive Medium Beige Summer Warm and I am liking the results.

Did you order Orginal Glo, Semi-Matte, Matte or Intensive?

I think once I decided on the colors, I have to decide if I should go for Matte or Intensive as far as controlling oil. Thanks again everyone!

Latest posts

Back