Which is the best way to wash a Kabuki brush?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I need to wash my EDM premium kabuki and i really don't want to ruin it.

I've had some bad experiences when i tried to wash a different kabuki.

I receommend baby shampoo or a very mild shampoo. Then rub gently on a clean town and lay it down on the towel, should dry overnight. Whatever you do, don't use antibacterial soap. I gave my neice (16yo) an Aubrey Nicole kabuki brush. Those are the sofest ever and after the very first time she used it she washed it in antibacterial hand soap. She let it dry overnight and the inner hairs never softened back up...hard and pointy! I wash the same brand brush in baby shampoo and still soft as ever. She wanted me to get her another one and I said no. But maybe Santa will be a bit nicer.

Marti

I massage with my facial cleanser or a Clinique toner that I found to be too harsh. Rinse until the water runs clear, shake to remove the excess fluid, re-shape the bristles and leave out to air dry.

Thanks girls!

I washed my BE brush in baby shampoo and done everything you're meant to do after. But it went really badly out of shape and scratchy, maybe it was because their brushes are poop lol.

This may sound mad but I wash my kabuki's with aqueous cream.

I have dry and sensitive skin so I wash my face with this anyway so after my first kabuki went all scratcy, I bought another and used aqueous cream to wash it. After it had dried it was soooooo soft, just like new! I even re-washed the first one that I had messed up and the results were fab too!! :laughing:

Most aqueous creams say on the label that they can be used as a soap substitute, but just check the tub if you try this method....its highly recommend by me.. :smiletongue:

Thanks for the tip halzer . I ruined lots of brushes with different brush cleansers . The baby shampoo works but I dont really like the smell.

How do you guys let the kabuki dry after you wash it? Do you stand it up, or lay it on its side? The last time I washed mine I stood it up, but the bristles spread out when it dried so it was a little fluffier afterwards (the bristles seemed less closely packed). But if I laid it on its side, then wouldn't it lose its shape?

BTW, I also wash mine with baby shampoo, and it leaves the bristles clean and soft :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I use the Boots brand. You can ask for it at the pharmacy counter. I buy mine in a big tub coz I use alot of it, but they did sell it in smaller tubes too, not sure if they still do. You can buy independent chemist brands too for about 2 quid a pot. :laughing:

I started a brush cleaning thread in the make up forum...there are some cool replies there....

I agree, this is a real issue if you want to preserve the life of brushes....

MB

I just use my cinema secrets brush cleaner, works perfectly and leaves my kabuki smelling like vanilla kinda. :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I use baby shampoo and I leave my kabuki standing up. It does seem a little fluffier than before, but I didn't want it to lose its shape by laying it down.

A good set of brushes can last you at least a couple of years. In order to keep them in good shape, treat them with extreme care and keep them clean. You do not have to wash your makeup brushes every time you use them but if you wear makeup every day, you should definitely wash them once a week.here is how to take care of your brushes

1. Gently wash them with a baby shampoo or a brush cleaner.

2. Once you are done, lay them flat on a piece of paper towel. Do not stand them up because the water will drip into the part connecting the handle with the metal part and this will mess up the glue inside.

3. Let them air dry. Do not attempt to make them dry faster by using a blow dryer. This will only damage your brushes.

4. Once they are completely dry, gently reshape them.

Darn! another lemming lol

edit: i use baby shampoo - the reg orange one-

Kabuki's can be difficult to reshape since they fluff out so much. Once mine starts to dry, I put a rubberband around it to keep it from poofing out. Just a small rubberband around the top of the bristles is how I do it.

thanks for the tip halzer, will pick some of this up the next time i'm in boots!

at the moment i use johnson's baby shampoo, the foamy kind that squirts out the little yellow bottle - this smells yummy, like fruit salad or something...

Latest posts

Back