False eyelashes

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
How many people are wearing false eyelashes out there??

The other day I applied those little 'extension' lashes (like a bunch of 5 lashes), in a set of three to the outer corner of each outer lid. I used a point tweezer, for accuracy and control.....

I then applied a fine black line on top, smudged it in with dark shadow and the lashes completely blended in with my natural ones, but I had these cute 'wings' on the outside corners - it looked so natural, but glam......

I used make up forever lashes by the way.

My hands are so clumsy i've yet to try to wear them on a regular basis.

Last time I wore them were like years ago, when a MUA put them on for my wedding day... lol

Ive been dying to try bacause they look so lovely! Maybe I will next week. Some of them have really great effects for fun, like rainbow tipped ones. Those are neat.

They make SUCH a difference.....and you can make it look natural if you get the right product.

Once I used these little extension things and went to bed after a heavy night out dancing...forgetting to take my make up off (as one does) ...woke up in the morning with bunches of hair all over my face....NOT a good look.....ha ha!

MB

the individual clusters always look really fake on me for some reason . I dont know what Im doing wrong but I think they arent as thick as my own lashes . They're so wispy and when I add mascara they clump but if I dont they look obviously lighter.

I wear them everyday.. its gotten to the point where i cant go a day w/out them cuz i think i look wierd haha.. Oh well... I think their pretty Haute!

Theres a trick to applying those individual ones. I put three on the outer corner of each eye.

I then use a very fine eyeliner on the top lid, blend with Bobbi Brown expresso brown powder, then use MAC mascara + a tweezerman eyelash brush just before the mascara dries to seperate the lashes.

It looks natural....ok, so I have quite long lashes anyway, so the blending is subtle, but dramatic.....

I'd so love to experiment with flase eye lashes but I have an allergy to the latex adhesive...unless, there is a silicone adhesive available...haven't really done a thorough search yet.

Thanks for the tip mimiboo.

I use makeup forever single lashes, Shu Uemura are great as well, but they are expensive. I prefer the individual lashes, as you get a whole load in a box - you only use them once and then throw them out. With the complete lashes, as they tend to be expensive, you either want to save them for an 'ocassion' or it's tempting to try and wear them again - not great for hygiene. You also need to be careful with the full lashes that you don't go for something too over the top and end up looking like a drag queen....

MB

never tried them, but i'm interested, maybe for christmas. i love rainbow ones, and the makeup forever seem pretty.

I luuuuurrrvvv False eye Lashes!!!!! I have some awesome ones made out of feathers!! Looks well kewl x

I've only worn them once - on Halloween this year. It took me and my boyfriend an hour to get them on me, but it was worth it cause they looked awesome. There's a thread on here called Me As Bo Peep. I have an upclose of my eyelashes.

Any tips for how to apply them? I have some but just keep looking at them in my drawer because I'm scared to try...

Thanks Mimiboo for the tip on how to apply them. Realize now my tecnique was soooo wrong.

I'd only put them on for a very important event if I were to (which I never have)...

Are the Shu lashes really worth their price? I use Ardell lashes, but I wanted to try the Shu Uemura, it looks very pretty.

Back