Searching for loose powder

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
i'm on a mad search for loose powder. i've always used mac studio fix foundation and powder so i never felt the need for loose powder. just recently, i switched to laura mercier oil-free tinted moisturizer. i tried the LM loose powder and LOVED IT!!! but then i started breaking out after 2-3 weeks and realized it was due to the corn starch in the loose powder :sleepyhead: i am so sad....

anyway, i'm on a search for loose powder to go with my TM...i read that Becca makes a wonderful loose powder and i read up the ingredients and saw that it didn't include corn starch. i also saw the skin by alison raffaele loose powder which is oil free and does not include corn starch either. then there's the body & soul loose powder which is also oil free (i can't seem to find the ingredients so if anyone has it, maybe you can let me know...thanks :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />)

i ordered all three from sephora.com since i have the friends & family discount...but i want to see if anyone has used any of these and can offer some advice. if you've never tried any of these, which ones do you like? i have combo, acne prone skin so i need something that's oil free and doesn't include corn starch....

sorry for the long thread.....appreciate your advice!!!

THE best loose powder I've tried is actually CoverGirl Professional Loose Powder! It's the only powder -- drugstore or department store brand -- that's made a bit of difference in my super-oily skin! Sadly, I don't use it anymore because they don't make a color light enough for me :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I don't know if it has corn starch or not... but it's only $5 and definitely worth a try!

PS: Are you sure you're allergic to the corn starch and not one of the other ingredients? Most loose powders have a lot of ingredients...

i have becca loose powder and it's quite nice.......sorry i'm not familiar with the others

hmm...i'm not sure if i'm allergic to corn starch but i read on some web sites that corn starch encourages bacteria to grow on your skin (YUCK) which leads to breakouts. i guess i'm looking for a loose powder that has simple, short list of ingredients...at least i know there isn't TOO MUCH stuff in there...LOL

I agree w/the girls. I love Becca, goes on soft, lasts all day and doesn't sink into fine lines.

I don't know if EDM's Finishing/Balancing dust is considered loose powder ... but i love it too.

Back