Just tried Ocean Mist minerals

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Alright girls so I used my Ocean Mist samples today.

As you all know oceanmist is a member of MuT so I would like to start with a disclaimer: I DO NOT have any afilliations with this company; just like I have no affiliations with EDM, UD or BE and I still advocate for their products hehehe. :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Anyways, I got my samples in the mail yesterday, she was quite quick in shipping them. I got 2 foundations, almond and caramel; 1 medium concealer, and 1 blush in "Vanora".

Almond was lighter than caramel. Caramel looked way too dark for me; and almond looked dark in the container too but I gave it a try today. I used it after applying smashbox photofinish of course. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I have to say I was pleasantly surprised!!!! The color "almond" was a perfect match for my skin tone (as long as I continue to self tan hehehe); it gave very good coverage; and a very nice, natural finish!!! It stayed relatively put all day like EDM and UD.

Even though the blush Vanora was not very appealing to me on the container, it looked super nice on the skin. It is a matte color; and gave me a natural flush. It lasted for most of the day and had very good pigmentation.

Now how does it compare to my darlings UD and EDM foundations? LOL. If UD is a 9.5 (just because I am still looking for the perfect foundation LOL); EDM is 9.0 and Ocean mist foundation would be an 8.75. Maybe 9.0 ( I need to use it more times in order to form a better opinion).

In any case; I liked this a lot and think this is a very good option for the ones of you out there still on the search for your HG mineral foundation. And the samples are free, you only pay for shipping. Oh and by the way, she also sent me a couple of complimentary e/s samples in little ziplock bags. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I have one suggestion for oceanmist: Maybe you should make your finishing powder available in the sample kit as well; I would have liked to try it instead of the concealer since I dont like mineral concealers in general; so here you go, something for you to work on. LOL

And, of course, here are some pics!!!

Attachment 27504Attachment 27505

And this is how it looked in the end of a work day:

Attachment 27506

EDIT: I just realized that I got 3 foundation samples instead of 2. LOL. The 3rd one is called Sandstone and it is a bit lighter than Almond, so I will try it this week.

UPDATE: Today I am using Sandstone foundation so here are a couple of pictures. To be honest, I didnt see much of a difference between sandstone and almond. Almond does look a bit darker in the container but on the skin is basically the same. I'm still liking the foundation and blush a lot! I am using Venora blush again today.

Attachment 27529Attachment 27530

Wow it really looks good on you !

I have come to the conclusion that you could wear any mmu or no makeup at all and still be stunning! :sunshine:

You just don't know how nervous I was about this! I almost didn't look!

We do have ethnic foundations and Caramel is one of them. That's why it appeared pretty dark. I'm going to work on an even deeper color, a fairer color, some more concealers (fair, deep, etc.), and a silicone based primer!

I've added the finishing powders to the sampler kit (light, dark, and silken perfection). They are all pretty light appearing, but translucent on the skin (even deeper skin tones).

We do give freeby samples when anyone orders and we try to give people things they didn't order (i.e. eyeshadows if you ordered blushes or foundations).

Other ideas and suggestions are always welcome, either here, PM, or by emailing me. I love doing this and if I can accomodate people in any way, I'm more than happy to! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Cool, I just like being the queen of something, whatever it is!!!! hahaha

you mean you still HAVE NOT tried EDM????? What are you waiting for??? I know, you are afraid that, once you try it, you may need to leave behind your brand new $$$$$ Bobbi brown foundation???? LOL :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Come on girls; come join us in the MMU wagon. :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

It's so funny because I was nervous to TRY the product!!!! I knew you were a member, and, if I didn't like the products, I would still come back here and say I didn't like it, but I didn't want to hurt your feelings. LOL. So I was nervous! I was so relieved when I realized it was such a good product!!!!! LOL

I will try your finishing powders at some point too. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I'm almost running out of my mineral veil and looking for a substitute. :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I actually ran out of my BB foundation sample and went back to MAC Studio Fix Fluid. I promise that I will try it tomorrow and report back.

CORRECTION: You should have written:

"I promise that I will try it tomorrow and report back WITH PICTURES." :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> :rockwoot:

I updated the original post with pics of the "sandstone" foundation on me.

I am impressed by the blush. I *almost* didn't try it because it did not appeal to me at all when I looked at it in the container. But on my skin, it is the perfect "natural" color for my skintone and I am loving it.

Looking great, Thais! I agree with Whitney, every MMU I see you in just looks awesome... I think I'm harbouring a little bit of jealousy as well ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Girls, thanks for the compliments; but you should be complimenting the makers of EDM, UD, Monave and Ocean Mist minerals because they are the ones who deserve all the credit!! LOL

They all look great on you, don't see much of a difference between the colors though. They just all look great

Well I have ordered and havent used yet, will later today HOWEVER I just want to say a couple things, first FAST SHIPPING, I was pleasantly surprised I didnt thinkI would get till sometime next week, VERY FULL SAMPLES. I will be using today as well. I also have to say I normally dont get concealers and was kinda forced in the sample pack. Also thanks for the extra e/s samples, pretty cool. Will report once I try them today....

Out of curiousity, how lasting is the coverage with the foundation? I am in love with MMU in general, but finding ones that last through the day so far has been difficult. But I noticed the ingredients in OceanMist have the kaolin clay listed, which is what I think makes Joppa last all day.

Latest posts

Back