MAC pigment fakes?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Can you get these on ebay? I just received some recently, and maybe im being paraanoid but they dnt seem as nice as my other pigments. :S I got golden olive, and teal, and tried them on my hand, and they just seemed to wear off kind of quickly... :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Maybe if you posted pics we could help better. I'm sure by comparing the pics to what we know as real can help.

Pigments aren't sticky in general. But, there are a lot of fake ones sold on eBay. It's really a pain to find something like that and know for sure if it's real or not. Boy, I wonder if that previous sentence made any sense!! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Who did you purchase them from? I know of one seller on there that has a LOT of bad feedback accusing them of selling fake MAC pigments.

Hi - thanks guys, I think I was just being paranoid, i wore some of my other pigments with these on my hand for a while, and it seems fine! :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

The way to spot fake pigments is if: The box has no barcode to scan, There is no sticker on the bottom of the jar with the pigment's name on it, and if on the back of the pigment jar, there is no ' over the e in fabrique. That's how I was able to see that an All Girl pigment I had bought was fake.

:eek: /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> There is a barcode on the underside of the box, and stickers on the box and and jar with the numbers A13, A11 but no pigment names on them...

There is no ' over the e in fabrique though, only over the ECLAT..

Can anyone tell me if this is likely to be fake? Thge fact that golden olive and teal and arent written on the box surprised me a bit, but I thought maybe this is the case with pro colours??

HELP! :S

eBay Guides - ALERT How To Avoid Buying Counterfeit MAC Products

I think I just bought some fake pigments :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Be careful ladies, the seller is swoosh_uk

Some else I just learned too... Older pigment jars have a number on the very bottom of the back of the jar, and it's always the same: M540000701.

Newer jars (Entremauve & Subtle, but not She-Shines) don't have this, but do have maccosmetics.com on them. I do know some pigments have a "typed" batch number, and some have a printed one. I've compared pigments that I purchased at MAC (or their site) on this one...

Another number engraved on MAC pigment jars is "3020," as I just realized.

i don't like buying cosmetics on ebay because you never know if you got the real thing or not. i rather pay full price at a cosmetics store or department store for a real item than waste my money on something i bought on ebay then later found out it was fake.

To be honest i don't know how you could tell with a fake pigment, unless you have another same pigment.

1. Samples could they really be from a Mac pigment?

2. Full sized actual pigments someone could of filled it up with a fake.

I read on another website that ALL of swoosh_uk pigments are fake. Sorry girl.

Yeah, and they're rather common on Ebay. They can be dangerous, since you don't know what they used to produce it. So, when buying something, always search for reliable sellers (we used to have a list of good and bad ebay sellers here, but it got buried) and always RESEARCH about the product you're getting. A lot of the fakes are really bad ones, which can fool usually the people who don't know a lot about the product - like mac eyeshadows, a lot of fakes come with a sponge tip applicator and mirror, but MAC has NEVER produced something like that - not in the past neither in the present

I just realized today that a MAC pigment sample someone sent me as an extra in a swap is fake! WTF! Who sends someone a fake MAC pigment as an extra in a swap?! LMAO! Whatever! I have the real deal now, so it's all good LOL!

I just recieved my pigment samples.. and unfortunately i have nothing to compare them to to know if they are real.. any way of you girls telling by a picture of them??

yeah i'm having a problem too, I don't know if a piggie sample i have is fake. its fuscia, got it from ebay ... when i swipe it wet on my hand w/ a brush and let it dry, then hold my hand under the tap it comes right off. I have two other piggies that I know are real, and when I do the same thing w/ those mere tap water trickling does NOT take them off without me rubbing. aaaaarrrrgh ! can anyone else do a piggie water test, see what happens?

There is such a thing as fake pigments!?!?!?!?!?!?! I bought a lot of 22 samples the other day and I got them and they all seemed perfect. Oh well. Hopefully they are real.

Lol, can you post the pic of the pigment Aq? Might help for others here.

I have recently bought a whole lot of high replicas from Magenta-Shores in Ebay. Honestly, I took them for real at first sight and happily left her a positive feedback. Then I found something fishy about the name labels on the bottom of the eye shadows' and blushers' pots. They are written in pale yellow instead of silver writings.

I posted my pictures in makeuptalk.

https://forum.makeuptalk.com/t98...214.html#post1...

But just look at the below link, you'll see counterfeits are getting better and better, it's getting harder to tell so these sellers are using the obvious FAKE MAC guide as a tactic to sell their high replicas.

http://product.madeinchina.com/Hot-s...00pcs-MakeUp-C...

What has this world become? Sigh!

Another article:

F for Fake - cosmetics business

Back