I got engaged!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Friday night, my bf of 5 years, proposed. He said he wanted to ask me something, so I was just like, oh what? Then he got down on one knee and opened the ring box and asked if I would marry him. I didnt answer, I just kept crying, lol. He said "Is that a good cry or a bad cry?" He was nervous. We had talked about marriage before, which is why he knew what I would like, and what jewelry store is reputable here. But I was still shocked, even though I knew he has had me a ring since April (he had told me). Now that I realize I have to plan stuff, I am so nervous. I am not a big wedding person, nor is he. So it will be a no-frills thing. I still cant believe it, everytime I look at my hand and there is a diamond ring there, I realize I didnt dream it.

Yay! Congrats Amanda! I'm SO happy for you! Best of luck in planning! Definitely keep us informed!

Ohhh Congrats to you - that really is so exciting!! I am so very happy for you, you will have to keep all of us updated as you make your wedding plans:)

YAY!! Congratulations, Amanda! I'm so happy for you. I've been married for 18 months and I still look down at my ring all the time and wonder if it's a dream!! Have you set a date yet? Keep us posted on all the wedding plans and details!! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Congratulations!!! how sweet, I'm glad you are happy and remember it's your wedding and his, not other people's, it doesn't have to be bigif you don't want to :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

congratulations again :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Yay! Congratulations Amanda! I definitely understand about wanting the no-frills wedding kinda thing! Good luck planning and keep us updated! You should post a picture of your ring sometime!

Lucky you!! Congratulations, you must be so excited! Have fun planning your wedding! =)

Congratualations honey! HURRAY!!! Awesome.. now the planning begins.. Try to remain calm and in control. People will pull you in all sorts of directions.. try to have fun and not get caught up in it. BUT.. please, try to remember that rudeness can be on BOTH sides. Just because its your wedding day, doesn't give anyone carte' blanche to be callous and mean. remember why you have guests and what their roll is..

Yay for you!!! I probably wouldn't be able to do anything but cry if I saw my boyfriend on his knee with a ring for me, either! LOL. Good luck with your planning.

Latest posts

Back