Recommend one MMU that so far you love

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi everyone. I'm rather new to this board and am loving it more and more each day. I've learned so much from so many of you especially regarding Mineral MakeUp.

Question. If you today had to recommend, based on your preference and what has overall performed best for you, which mineral makeup line foundation would it be?

I ask this because I'm going manic :rotfl: with purchasing samples from here and there and darned near everywhere and I'd like to, based on more experienced users, narrow my search down, at least for now. I am a makeup fiend and would like to spread my interests around but for now I'm stuck on mineral foundations. Thank you so much in advance for any rec's or suggestions. By the way, I've already used BE, Southern Magnolia, Meow Cosmetics, and Everyday Minerals. I love Everyday Minerals in a very big way. I'm waiting on Oceanmist to arrive. So...

I love PureLuxe foundation and finishing powder. Great for my oily skin and goes on seamlessly like I have nothing on.

For eyeshadows I like Twisted Fayte. Great unique colours and Heather always comes out with special collections. Right now she has just released the Holiday glam collection.

Let's see...I've tried: BE, Sheer Cover, Aromaleigh, EDM, Monave, Uglogirl, Tierny Tassler, Lauress and Alima. My favorite of those is EDM (I see from your post you've already tried it). I just ordered samples of Valerie based on how beautiful it looks on periwinkle sky. I am anxiously awaiting their arrival! They just shipped so I should get them early next week.

You're right, there are so many to try. At least the samples make it easier on the wallet.

Edit: I just ordered samples of Bare Faced minerals. I should get them in a few days. I will update after I've tried them.

So far I have tried EDM, Monave and Lily Lolo, and out of those I like EDM the best, but its not my HG because I have to mix it.

I have samples coming from Uglogirl, ValerieBeauty and Meow, so hopefully I will find my HG among these.....

You can't stop once you start!!! Over the past few years I've tried many:

*Alima, *EDM(orig, semi matte and intensive) , *BE, *Jane Iredale (powder & liquid), *Larenim, *Armomaleigh. Of thses I like EDM instensive, but it doesn't have staying power so I mixed it with Alima and got a good fit. BUT - since I still don't have an HG (nothings perfect) I've order several more.

My Pure Luxe and Joppa samples came yesterday. This morning I did the left side in Joppa and right in Pure Luxe......so far Pure Luxe is winning. The Joppa is much to powdery for my dry combo skin. Both are much darker than on the web - at least on my pc. The Pure Luxe in warm shades are very yellow, so I've ordered a couple Nuetrals and a lighter Warm.

I have Fyrianne samples on the way. And now I think I have to try Valerie (thanks Periwinkle Sky!!!) And since Avery's Mom (fellow emu'er) likes Aubreynicole I may have to try that.

Unless a MMU company comes out with a prouct that makes my newly set laugh lines disappear I fear I may never find a HG. Joy to all

I love Aromaleigh -- it's the only foundation I've ever tried (mineral or traditional) that matches my skintone perfectly! I have super-pale skin, and they have the only foundation I've ever tried that's actually too pale (Voile in Alabaster), so I mix that with one of the next darkest colors, and it is perfect! :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> And they have a TON of colors, especially for fair and medium skintones (they're a little lacking in dark shades), with 10 different undertones in combinations of pink, peach, beige, and yellow!

But, I like it for other reasons too. The only other mmu I've tried is EDM and I did NOT like it -- it turned orange super-fast on my oily skin, it rubbed off ridiculously easy (it even rubbed off when I would just barely dab with blotting sheets!), and the Finishing Dust did nothing to make it last or keep it matte. Aromaleigh does not turn orange and does not rub off. It has a matte finish, but with my oily skin I still get shiny fairly quickly -- but I've never found a foundation that kept me matte for very long, so as long as I have my blotting sheets I can deal with it! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I've tried: Sheer Cover, Bare Escentuals, everyday Minerals, Monave, Alima, Urban Decay, Aromaleigh, Ocean Mist, Fyrinnae, Silky Makeup... And my favorite is.... URBAN DECAY!!!! :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I've tried EDM, *Jane Iredale, *BE, Pure Luxe, Monave and Milan Minerals. Milan Minerals is my #1. When you have medium to darker skintones, the choices are minimal. The correct undertone is very important!

*contain bismuth oxcychloride, caused itching & unnatural glow

I haven't tried any so I can't comment!

Can't wait for my 1st MMU!

I have so many MMU samples that have not tried yet. BUT once I do I will update! I have been ordering samples like crazy!

Latest posts

Back