Why do people do this?! Why?!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My eyebrows are officially raised.

I was sitting here in Panera, minding my own business when this lady came in wearing stilettos. Stilettos are not shocking to me (I own a pair myself). What shocks me is the fact that this woman had the balls to walk in these when the weather is so bad. There's ice and snow everywhere! Is she not afraid of falling on her ass and breaking something? :10:

Does anyone else think that's goofy as hell? Or am I just acting like an idiot.

Was she wearing stiletto boots or sandles? I have pointy heel boots but they have traction on the soles. If she was wearing sandles...well then insanity is the only excuse

No, just regular stiletto shoes, with regular gray socks. I didn't think that high heeled shoes had much traction. If you look at the soles they have little, if no grooves to grip much of anything...

Stiletto shoes, with regular gray socks - must be the winter version of sandals with socks.

I'm with you - no clue why she is dressed so inappropriately.

maybe she like her heels and wants to keep her feet warm i dont know im guilty of that offense at times..lol

We don't know the lady, where she was going to or where she was coming from. Was it part of a costume, a uniform, maybe she was wearing the heels for a meaningful event? Since we can't answer that, I think there is no need to assess why she is wearing heels.

well, wearing Stiletto shoes anytime of ther year sounds just like me.....but EWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW WWWW w/ socks!?!?!?!?!? *throws up*

HA HA HA!!! I gotta hijack this for a moment, last night when I was sitting at traffic light, I noticed a woman standing on the corner waiting to cross. Mind you its freezing out! She is all bundled up, heavy coat, scarf etc.. and.. are you ready??? WEARING PINK SANDALS! HELLO!!! Yes, real summer type pink sandals.. no socks either..which just would have made the sight worse. But still, come on! All bundled up for the cold but wearing open strappy casual pink sandals..

what IS that!

I live in Alaska where it's winter 3/4 of the year lol, and honestly I see this ALL the time. People are going to dress how they want to dress, and that's usually that. Although someone may not see wearing heels as the smartest of choices, someone else may care to disagree. Perhaps walking on ice in heels is an acquired talent of hers;) Or perhaps, like noxious said, she needed to wear them for a certain occasion...and when you live in a place like Alaska, you just have to learn how to work with what you've got:)

good point, I agree...

Once i did the samething..it was cold but for a event i had to wear heel with socks..to warm my feet. couldn't say no to heel.

i wear heel's because all most all of my pants are long (5'4) so im not tall and i dont want my pants draging the dirt and if it's cold out i might slip on some socks if there not dirty or have holes it shouldnt gross no one out and if you dont like it, dont look it's that simple

Yeah...it does sound a little odd. One or the other maybe, but together??!! To each his own, I guess. lol...

Sounds like a moron to me! I do know my mom used to get these pads to put on the bottom of her heels... They were grey, and had grooves in them. Kinda helped with the "non-skid" thing LOL!

I agree with you on this one. This stiletto woman might seem strange, wearing her high heels in slippery cold weather, but you never know what reasons someone might have! I say she can wear whatever shoes she pleases, but if she slips and falls, that's her fault... and then I get to laugh :rotfl: LOL. Ok, that was horrible, just kidding!

I think we shouln't judge someone by their shoes until we've walked a few miles in them--with or w/out high heels, or socks, or whatever else, lol!

if she likes it, then i love it! i do some things that could make people wonder about me as well...

SOCKS! I like heels but I dont have any that would work with socks

Latest posts

Back