Best Flat Iron Spray?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Can anyone recommend a really good spray to use before putting a flat iron to the hair? I am looking for one that protects against heat (if there really is such a thing!) and one that makes the hair shiny but NOT greasy!

I have fine hair but a lot of it, if that helps.

Thanks!

Cass

I use TRESemme heat protectant and love it!! You might try a search I believe there are several threads on this subject already.

i realli like Matrix Iron Smoother, it's a heat protectant , helps makes my hair shinier (i think), protects my hair and smells good

I use these 2 amazing ones, one is in a spray form and its Ion something, they sell it at Sally's and the other I bought at target. They are just sooooooooooo awesome! They leave your hair extra straight too and silky and soft. I forget the name though :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> as soon as I get home from school i'll post the names.

I use Sleek. Look smoothing system, it's in an orange bottle. I think you can only get it at salons but its wonderful.

got2b crazysleek hot smooth iron & blow dry lotion. Comes in an orange bottle with a pink pump.

I pump out 10 x into my hand. Then smoush it into my hair. Comb through, then flat iron. If I spray directly into my hair, I apply too much and my hair can become greasy.

I use a generic brand from a drugstore and it works incrediably. I only got it once cos I had a 20$ free giveaway card once, for spending so much money in the store. So I picked that out .. and a year a later I keep buying it. Not what I expected at all for a 3$ bottle of flatiron shine spray, haha.

It's the Life brand if you have Shoppers Drug Mart, not sure.

Its Biosilk hair therapy and Ion straighting iron spray, OMG!!! These are amazing! Biosilk not only works for straighteing, I put it on while my hair is wet and then I let it air dry and it leaves hair super soft. If you want to make it straight, then just put some more on and follow with straightner. Awesome products!

Great recs! Since I don't use a flat iron, I can't give a great rec. However, there's lots of threads to where I'm sure something will come up if you do a search :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Thanks for all the great recommendations everyone! I will start off with the Tresemme, since I few people liked that, and I can buy it easily at CVS. I'll let you know how I like it!

I love Smooth & Seal spray by StraightSexyHair. Anything I use tends to look greasy, but this spray smooths hair, adds (Subtle) shine and helps seal out humidity.... I use it everytime :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

My Solia Flat Iron is scheduled to be delivered tomorrow and I also have the same question so I really want more ladies to post their responses.

I'm going to do a search on "heat protectants" on this site.

Marilyn

i use Bumble's does it all spray. so light but protective, and it smells like the hairdresser's. Yummy!

Latest posts

Back