I hate to be the annoying girl that complains about being too skinny...

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
But dammit! I lost weight. *Sigh* I was 45.5 kilos when I got home after the uni semester, now I'm down to 43 again.

GRRR!

I had a friend back in middle school who was like 76 lbs., and just rail thin... One day she tells us she's going on a diet, and we looked at her like she was insane! She proceeds to go, "An all FAT diet!" I swear, she never gained a single lb! My husband is like that too... While I don't feel your pain, I can see how it can be irritating :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I've always been that way and used to hate it too. I promise ya, you will appreciate it more as you get older. Just watch what you eat, though. I wouldn't suggest going on an all FAT diet like Aquilah's friend. lol I never watched what I ate fat wise because my metabolism was so fast. It didn't cause me to gain weight but it did give me high cholesterol so now I have to watch what i eat.

I find I lose weight and feel too thin when I'm stressed or working too hard for a long period of time. Maybe you've had a stressful time recently?

I also used to be too skinny -- I lost a lot of weight when I first started college, and I was so thin that you could see every bone in my body and everyone thought I was anorexic. I hated it! But it was weird because I was eating more and exercising less than I used to, but I was still losing weight.... I went to several doctors, had all sorts of blood tests done, but no one could find anything wrong with me. Finally, I started taking allergy medication to help my sinus headaches, and I started gaining weight like crazy -- I gained 10 lbs in the first 10 weeks! It turns out that my body was spending every calorie it could to find allergies, but once I started taking the medication I gained all the weight back (and then some, lol... now I have tummy rolls!)

If you're not sure why you are losing weight (if you are still eating and exercising like normal, etc.) you might consider seeing a doctor. In addition to allergies, another common reason for weight loss is thyroid problems or other hormonal problems. Just something to think about!

don't worry, me too. I dunno about kilos, but im 99 lbs. and i cannot gain weight! It is so hard, and b/c i run i always worry that i am gonna drop again or get anemia (when you run you burn a ton of iron). It sucks, but it is good to know there are others in the same position. I hate when ppl ask if i am anorexic; i just want to be like "well do you overeat?" It is such a rude question

People flat-out ask you if you are anorexic? Wow -- I am 5'5" and was 92 lbs at my skinniest, but no one actually asked me if I was anorexic! However, salespersons in clothing stores would always give me dirty looks when I'd complain their smallest size was too big, and some of my friends who I first met while I was that skinny admitted that they thought I was anorexic at first, but then they realized that I ate a lot and didn't throw up after meals so I must not have an eating disorder!

By the way, according to Google:

1 kilo = approximately 2.2 lbs

45.5 kilos = 100 lbs

43 kilos = 94.7 lbs

I was in the same position as you about a year ago, and then I gain15pounds. So I am still skinny but I still look healthy. Sorry I am not sure how I did it! When I was skinny i'd eat a lot of junk food in large amounts and I wouldn't budge, then I gave up in that and I naturally gained it within like 4 to5 months.

lol, I was looking for khakis in BR and their 0 was too big, and i was complaining about it to my mum-i swear the salesperson wanted to kill me, she was glaring at me with absolute venom.

And yeah, ppl ask me it and they try to make it sound like a joke, but I can always tell they are serious

Go to a doctor and ask for a diet to gain weight :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> It's always a good thing to receive medical health ... Eat a lot of milk, avocados, meat... And you can always do some muscle training in order to build muscle weight (and to be the most envied girl because you're thin and HOT with muscles)

Boost or Ensure drinks are packed with calories and lots of good nutrient....I have also drakn SlimFast drinks to gain weight too. I used whole milk and had the drinks with meals and in between.

i know what your talking about im 96 pounds and wear a size 0 i have always been like that and i get sick and tierd of people saying your so small i bet you eat like a bird., or how much do you weigh and not offten but a few times ask if i was anorexic... im like what and most of the rude comments dont come from slim people they come from fat people that need to worry about there size not mine..lol

i feel your pain. i have always been skinny all my life, but recently i started taking allergy medicine too! and i gainned 12lbs, but i want to gain another 12lbs i should be okay then.

i used to be 46 kilos when i was 16 and im porss myself to eat one bread everyday

after 2 weeks i was 56 kilos

now im 50

Where do you guys buy pants? Becuase no place stocks my size, and i need pocketless dress khaki chinos for school. Abercrombie had some in the right style, but of course the store didn't have ANY 0s or 00s in stock. BTW, i've check J Crew, Abercrombie, Anthropologie, UO, AE (fits but wrong style), Gap, Express, Limited, Old Navy, and Polo RL. So infuriating!

When I was at my skinniest, about 4 or 5 years ago, I wore a size 1 and Gap was the only place that had jeans that fit me. (Made me mad to buy $50 jeans when there were so many $25-30 jeans at places like JC Penny's! I was a poor college student! lol) But I'm sure that Gap's changed their styles multiple times since then so that's probably no help...

You might try New York and Company, I was there the other day and noticed that their jeans went down to a size 0. Plus, I think they run small because I bought a size bigger than I normally buy, so their size 0 might be like another brand's 00!

Also, I've seen a small Juniors store in some malls called 5-7-9 that specializes in small sizes and always has a bunch of 0's and XS's and such -- or at least the last time I was there (again, a few years ago) they had a ton of 0's. It was the only store that had jeans that were too SMALL for me when I was skinny! lol

Back