Can someone suggest a cheap primer?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I have been reading that I may need a primer to help with my mineral makeup. I have a problem with my pores showing, and I read somewhere that using a primer may help. I was wondering if drugstores sell primers, or do you have to spend a lot of money one a good one.

I don't know of any primer they have at my local ds, but I do know a lot of people use monistat anti chafing gel. I tried some because of the post I read on here and it works. I also have smashbox photo finish I got that after I got the monistat but IMO they are comparable. They both make your face very silky smooth!!

I have been looking for a primer I could purchase in a store. But, I've tried a few and IMO they are just ok. I do use the Eraser from Pure Luxe and love it. I guess for now I will keep ordering online for it.

Good luck! Happy New Year!

Monistat Anti-Chafing gel is a cheap alternative and works imo just as well as Smashbox or other leading brands..

i have yet to find anything in drugstores, besides the monistat stuff, but i dont like smashbox so i know i wont like the monistat. i have large pores and use cliniques pore minimizer instant perfector, it was 15 bucks. i have large noticable pores and so they the clinique helps minimize them. if your pores or small then it would probably cover them completely. hope that helped!~

I hear Lumene's primer is like DHC/Smashbox, and it's pretty cheap. Sold at CVS stores too.

Thanks! I may have to go to CVS or try Cliniques. I have large pores on my cheeks, so I might out to try Clinique. Does the Monistat antichafing gel help minimize pores also?

Fruit of The Earth's Aloe Vera Gel. Works really good and it's like $4 a bottle of it!

Each skin responds differently to different cosmetics but I thought monistat gel was garbage. The texture does resemble smashbox, but the thing is so heavy and you can literally feel it on your face all day. It also made my face super oily throughout the day and my foundation got blotchy after a few hours. Yikes!

MAc prep+prime is not that expensive I think, compared to other primers and it does a good job. I haven't tried dep. store primers so I can't say which one is good. I tried the Monistat, and I still don't understand why some girls like it.

Ditto for MAC Prep+prime and ditto for monistat. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I should also remind everyone that monistat anti-shaffing gel was not made to be used on the face... So beware of what you put on your faces girlies!

thx for the imput on Monistat, i was starting to think that maybe i should quite the smashbox and get that, but i def don't want anything heavy on my face. Would ruin the light feel of my mmu

I have never used a primer and I am wondering what the benefits are if I wear it. I have large pores around my nose and cheeks. Would this help??

I've never used Primer before. Can it make you break out? Or make your skin oily. I can't even put moisturizer on my face because my skin will either break out or get oily. I've heard some help with the shine. Is that true?

Philosophy On A Clear Day Protection Cream is 15 bucks ..it's the same as their Present Skin Perfector

Latest posts

Back