What to try?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I got a bunch of gift cards to walmart for Christmas, and I am in need of some new skin care stuff. I have I guess combination skin. Starting to get a few lines around my eyes and mouth. Could use some recs...tried cetaphil, I think for oily skin, and it left me feeling a little tight. Would like to get stuff from there so I can use my gift cards. What would you buy? Thanks

Jamie

About the lines I'm not really sure but as for general skin care...a whole lot of people are raving about vaseline on this site!...Supposedly it works wonders :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I tried the vaseline and dove and didn't really notice any improvements in my skin at all.

I love just about everything from the Biore line, especially the warming blackhead-clearing cleanser.

Thanks! I'll look at Biore stuff next time I'm at Walmart. Keep the suggestions coming! Got quite a bit to spend!

I usually get my moisturizer from walmart - i use clean and clear toner, and morning glow moisturizer.

I used to use Neutrogena healthy skin, it was good, but no spf.

I also heard a lot of good things about the Aveeno positively radiant.

i got a neutrogena moisturiser with AHA and it really made me glow, i highly recommend. Not sure of the exact name though...

Olay Regenerist is suppose to be good.

I use Ivory or Jergens clear liquid soaps as cleansers.

Mix with a little baking soda to make a scrub.

Now you have lots of money to buy great lip glosses and other fun stuff!

Hi,

First, before you start spending any money, make sure you are absolutely certain of your skin type (normal, dry, combo, etc...) as this is critical to your purchases.

Two of my favorite drugstore items are: Oil of Olay's Complete Defense Moisturizer (contains SPF 30) and Neutrogena's Pure Glow Cleansing Pads.

Here to help.

I'm pretty sure I'm oily/combo. I get very oily in the Tzone with some minor breakouts just on my forehad. Cheeks I'm noticing are somewhat on the normal to dry side. I just need to find something that will help control my Tzone oily's but not dry my cheeks out too much and will help clear my minor breakouts but not totally dehydrate my skin and make fine lines more noticible. At this point, a product doesn't even have to be "antiaging." I alway throw in a good serum for that after I find the "basics" that I like.

I'd say your combo then.

We have something in common lol!

But anyways, Neutrogena line is my second favorite drug store products.

Since you didn't like cetaphil.

your skin sounds a lot like mine. acne-prone oily/combo skin. oily t-zone and normal cheeks. i like the aveeno line of products. their clear complexion foaming cleanser is my fav! i saw improvement in my skin from the first time i tried this product and i've been a fan ever since. the also make a moisturizer "skin bright" with an spf that makes my skin look bright and dewy with being greasy or heavy. the cleanser is about $8 and the moisturizer about $14.

Back