Good Brands - Matte Lipsticks

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hello there,

I am not much of an explorer when it comes to make up. For lipstick I have used L'OREAL Colour Endure (long lasting matte ) and loved it. It is now becoming very difficult to find. But I still prefer the lipsticks, which are creamy but turns matte after applying. I am not fond of shiny/glossy lipsticks. I did try Revlon, Max Factor and Maybelline, but didnot like them much.

Can someone help me in identifying the other options available to me? I want to try out other good brand names, which has matte lipstick lines.

Thanks in advance.

Why not continue with L'Oreal lipsticks? They are really great and alot of people love them. Have you tried Covergirl or Rimmel? I know Covergirl is pretty popular for their lipglosses so I would imagine the lipsticks would be of good quality for fairly cheap.

Mac, Nars, Laura Mercier and Clinique all do matte lipsticks. Happy Hunting

I was at a Make up forever counter the other day and noticed that they had a cream made for mattifying your lips. You put it on over your lipstick after you apply it.

Hi Deepask

Welcome to MUT. You've got some great choices here. Good luck in finding additional matte lipsticks.

Definitely lots of good recs... Please let us know what you end up getting!

I like L'Oreal lipsticks as well, and I have a few matte ones that seem to be pretty nice. Make Up For Ever's lipsticks are good quality as well... and I have a matte lip balm by Peter Thomas Roth that I'm assuming would mattify a shiny lipstick but I haven't tried it for that purpose.

Back