Large Pores & Mineral Makeup...

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I was reading the JI thread and I read somone has large pores - I became VERY aware that my pores were huge over the weekend...I don't remember them looking that big. What does everyone do to help minimize the look of large pores with your mineral makeup? Are there some that apply better and don't make them so noticeable?

I've been working with a derm to try and figure out what's up with my skin (since moving back to Texas I'm more oily than I used to be). I have learned to wash with cold water and not scrub :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Though she thinks I have mild rosacea and I disagree b/c I don't have the symptoms so I'm going for a second opinion. All the research I've done points me to Sebborheic (sp?) dermatitis. I have no acne looking spots, no redness cept from my allergies and constantly rubbing my nose LOL. So far, my only issue is that certain areas of my face peel and are flaky every day - same spots. Eyebrows, temples, nose and cheeks close to the nose area...coincidentally that's also where I'm oily and the cheeks have the pores.

I've been using emu oil to combat the peeling and I wonder if that's making my pores bigger?

Whatever it is - it's irritating me to no end.

Second the Pure Luxe Cream Eraser thing - it really does do an amazing job of making you look poreless under any kind of makeup, mineral powder, liquid or cream!

Thanks girls!!! I ordered some for me and my mom as well as a ton of samples LOL

I also use the Pure Luxe Cream Eraser. I just ordered 2 more jars. I seem to go through it so quickly.

i use and love clinque`s more minimizer ,they disappear in front of your eyes,really when i asked the sales associated about it she handed me a mirror and said put a little bit on in the mirror and it was like magic i swear and its like 16.00 but lasts along time since you only use a pea side amount,try it @ the counter first,good luck :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I've noticed that my pores look worse with MMU depending on the formula. If it's a heavy coverage formula they look horrible but when I use EDM's original glo, which is the lightest formula I believe, it's better.

Great! What other samples did you get? Foundation? Eyeshadows?

Let's see I ordered the eraser, foundation (3), a translucent matte, lip wand and powder eraser...not sure that the last item will even work for me but I want to try them both. I did order any e/s samples b/c there were so many from which to choose. I have a load of e/s I need to use and I've been playing around with a bunch of color combos to decide what palette I want to stay with before I order new. It's so hard to decide!!! I hope it gets here soon so my mom can take hers back before they leave to Moscow...I'm not sure if the sample will be good on her return in April - anyone know the shelf life?

If it's a heavy coverage formula they look horrible

I wondered about the coverage and also the amount of clay in the Joppa b/c the OM looks to have less clay and does not enhance the look of my pores near like the joppa - either that or I was putting too much on and/or not paying attention to my application. So this go round with the OM samples I have been careful on my application.

I did ask dh what he thought yesterday and all he noticed were my eyes (used min e/s) and when I asked about my face he said it looked lighter which I guess is good b/c I always thought the Joppa Light #1 was a tad too dark.

They say the shelf life for minerals is forever because it is minerals and can't harbour bacteria. That's what I've read anyway.

well i have large pores and have recently started applying my mineral makeup wet w/ a foundation brush and i dont even have to use my clinique stuff. it really hides my pores! but if im lazy then i use cliniques pore minimizer stuff and it works better then eraser for me!

ok, well this is all great advice for covering the pores, but let me explain why they have gotten larger in the first place... I am a makeup artist and Aesthetician, and i have experienced the same problem with mineral makeup. The "buffing" action of the applicarion is inbedding the makeup into the pores and thus expanding the pores. the best advice i can give you is to change to a different foundation or continue with regular facials focused on pore minimization, and tightening of the pores, if ud like advice on the best way to do this at home you can email me, my name is Shelly.

edm enlarges my pores, but buff'd, mad minerals and lately, my HG find, southern magnolia cosmetics DOESNT enlarge my pores, and i don't buff my mineral foundation. i don't like buffing becos i have sensitive skin, and when trying on a new product, i'm very wary of rubbing it into my pores.. it typically causes a horrific breakout..

i also got the pure lux eraser thingy, and am waiting for it to arrive

All this info is interesting...thanks for all the input. I have pretty sensitive skin as well so I ordered the synthetic Joppa brush as the natural animal hair really hurts my face. I don't know that I actually buff - I pretty much sweep the minerals on my face ever so lightly as one would with powder over a liquid foundation.

have recently started applying my mineral makeup wet w/ a foundation brush

How do you do this without the minerals clumping?

Emailing you Shelly - I'm all for working on these dang pores LOL

I agree, not all MMU enlarges pores, nor do all brands require buffing. Pureluxe and Monave are not buffed, they look better when it is lightly "swept" over the face using a fluffy powder brush.

re: clumping: my foundation doesn't clump, maybe because I swirl them first before sprtizing a moisture spray on my brush?

my foundation doesn't clump, maybe because I swirl them first before sprtizing a moisture spray on my brush?

So you swirl in the lid like normal and then spray water on your brush, then apply in the sweeping motion still?

Yes, I swirl before spritzing.

Guenevere: introducing water to inert/inorganic minerals makes it a breeding ground for bacteria.

Latest posts

Back